fbpx

Reply: Failed 1st attempt, Passed with a migraine in the 2nd!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Failed 1st attempt, Passed with a migraine in the 2nd!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21701

Felix Kamanga, PMP

Hi Piyush,
But apparently, that headache helped you to be more efficient in responding faster.
:-)
Well done for the achievement!
3 years 9 months ago #21467

Piyush Sharma

Hello to All!
I am happy to share my story of the PMP accomplishment which was quite sometime back! Before Covid!

First Attempt -
The beginning of my PMP jounery included a LIVE training session online with a trainer. He went through slides while explaining. It was good but i could not give the exam in time due to work pressure. There was a delay of almost 9 months for my first attempt after the training. I failed the first exam, it wasn't even close to passing.

Challenging the Failure -
I gave it a break for a month while researching and reading posts on prepcast about how to pass in the second attempt. I then decided on two things -
first - to have an online question bank where i can give tests to understand where i lack the knowledge,
second - to retrain myself with a well-known coach to fill up gaps and refresh my memory.
This is when I found Daniel Ryan - pmexamcoach. His way of teaching and training is awesome. I bought his training prep sessions which were conducted online for groups of people. He was so thorough and detailed with the teaching that it really helped. So my coaching was with Dan Ryan while I bought the PM Exam Simulator from Prepcast where I would conduct tests online. Prepcast online tests were amazing because I could focus the tests on particular topics as well. That really helped me analyse & improve my performance.

Exam Day!
So I went in for the second test at the same exam center. In the exam, I took my time to answer the questions and after around 70 questions I got a headache which turned into a migraine! It was so bad that I took a break and went to the reception to ask for a headache medicine. They were amazing to provide me one which however did not help me much. So I am holding my head and reading the questions. Due to the headache I chose my answers without doubting it too much. I think that really helped me save time and come to the right conclusion quickly. I didn't have the time to choose an answer and then doubt it to end up rechecking the question. However I completed the exam and waited for my result at the end. My migraine didn't stop as I received the results in my hand. I was ecstatic to find that I had passed with flying colours! I took a few minutes to absorb the results before I go back to work. While walking out of the building, my migraine also stopped. It had to, since I had just cleared my PMP!

To summarize, below are a must to ace the exam -
Great coaching + Online tests (topic wise or full exam) + Notes + No gaps after coaching to give the exam + Revising incorrect questions again & again + Notes (I repeat -keep taking notes of your mistakes!).

Good Luck!
PS - Do carry a headache medicine!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login