fbpx

Reply: Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 9 months ago #21549

Matilyn Meadows

Syed,

I was worried that it would be difficult to not have a pen and paper but I was able to manage with the "comment" tool. The whiteboard tool did not work at all which was frustrating.

Here is a better tool for you to practice with - www.mba.com/exams/gmat-online/prepare-fo...am/online-whiteboard
Also, here is a video that will help you learn how to use it for network diagrams -

Good Luck!
3 years 9 months ago #21527

Eduardo Robles-Rosario

I took the PMP Online Proctored Exam on May 22 and passed. The online Exam questions I found were harder than the PM PrepCast simulator, but the simulator did prepare me to narrow down the correct answer by eliminating out the wrong answers (i.e. if a process is the answer then a tool or technique, or a input or output must not be the answer). There was only one question for EVM which did not need any calculations, only to know what a positive CPI means. The questions were harder and I am curious if this was because it is online now and no scratch paper is allowed.

I give all my thanks to Cornelius and his PM PrepCast team in going over in detail on the PMBOK material. At times, I personally thought that Cornelius went over the material too much in detail, but after taking the exam I see that you don't know exactly what the exam will cover and best to know the material well.

Good luck to all and best in many hours of preparation.
3 years 9 months ago #21516

Pierre Paris

Thank you for sharing your experience and best wishes for future.
3 years 9 months ago #21513

SYED SYAKIRIN BIN SYED ABDUL RAHMAN

SYED SYAKIRIN BIN SYED ABDUL RAHMAN's Avatar

Congratulations Matilyn!

When I'm practicing with the exam simulator, I am always comfortable with blank papers, a pen for me to write and also calculator. However, I found out that during the online exam, none of these could be of use.
Do you feel a bit handicapped without all those tools?

I tried to use windows paint and windows calculator to emulate the real online exam but they seemed useless.

Hope you can give your invaluable feedback here.

Cheers
3 years 9 months ago #21510

Matilyn Meadows

Thank you, Pierre!

Great questions. I will share my experience with the similarities and differences but please don't skip areas to study because your exam is likely to be much different than mine. I also don't think I can give you accurate percentages but I can share additional anecdotal feedback.

1. I felt that the exam simulator fully prepared me for the exam. I didn't feel like the exam, in general, was harder. It was just different because there was more pressure on me to get the questions right than when you're taking a simulator exam. The added stress made the experience as a whole feel more challenging but if you're confident with the simulator you should have no problem with the exam.

2. I studied the crap out of the earned value management formulas and I didn't have one question about them.

3. As far as knowledge areas go, I think the breakdown in the exam overview document on the PMI website was accurate as to what my question breakdown was.

4. I took two FULL simulator exams and got a 78% on the first and an 88% on the second. I took a lot of quizzes though and I think I averaged about 78% for all that I took.

5. There were a lot of questions regarding sequence, or what came next. Really familiarize yourself with the exam outline and the process laid out in the PMBOK guide (And the Ricardo Vargas video I referenced in my original post)

6. When answering the questions, read the last sentence first and highlight the key information the question is asking for. Does it ask what comes next? What comes first? Highlight it. Then read the question and highlight additional key pieces of information that you think will help you answer. This strategy helped me really focus on what was important in the question and focus on what it was asking me.

I hope this helps!!

- Mattie
3 years 9 months ago #21472

Pierre Paris

Congratulations,

can you please share you experience with the exam questions? How was the exam, was it harder then the simulator ? What percentage of exam questions were harder then simulator , what percentage was easier and what percentage was similar? what knowledge are you had the most questions from? what was your percentage during simulator test?

sorry for asking so many question but it will definitely help others

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login