fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP. AT/AT/AT/AT/BT. Advice For Home Test Takers

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP. AT/AT/AT/AT/BT. Advice For Home Test Takers

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21170

Ferdinand Del Mundo

Congratulations for passing the exam!
3 years 10 months ago #21164

Elizabeth Harrin

How frustrating to have that happen in your first exam! Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations!
3 years 10 months ago #21155

Bryan Bostic

I did like a lot of others, used UDEMY for my 35 contact hours, studied the PMBOK guide but never read it cover to cover. I mainly used it for reference. I attended a PMP bootcamp in early March that was really good. Project Management Academy. I got to do the class in person just before we all went into lock down. I used several test engines and PrepCast is by far the best. They give the pg numbers in the PMBOK guide for all answers. I really liked that. I only took 2 full PrepCast exams, got 84% / 78%. I used the learning function and took at least 50 questions a day. Just before the test I was scoring 80-90% on the learning quizzes. The test was very hard IMO. I'd say slightly harden the PrepCast tests, but not too much. You really need to know the 49 processes and what each one does. On the exam I was asked 90% situational questions. I had very few EVM questions, the ones I did have, no math was required just interpretations of what the numbers meant. I had 1 or 2 ITTO type questions. Just be careful and look for those 1 or 2 words that change up what the question is really asking. It's hard with roughly 70 secs per question so use the PrepCast exams to get your mind used to it.

From start to finish I would say I studied pretty hard for 6+ months. Every night after work and a few hours on Sat & Suns. I wish I had found PrepCast exam simulator sooner.

Some advice on the at home proctored exam. Use the "chat function" and let the proctor know you're taking the 10 min break, do not leave your chair unless the proctor gives the go ahead. I had my first exam cancelled during the 10 min break because the proctor was not aware that a 10 min break was allowed during the PMP exams. I waited for the 10 min count down clock to start my break, I assumed the proctor knew what was up. They did not! I freaked out pretty bad when I returned from break to find my exam canceled. It took about 5 hrs worth of phone calls to Pearson Vue to find out what really happened. Pearson had to request a free retest from PMI on my behalf and it took about 5 business days to be approved to schedule the test again. Very frustrating but it allowed me a few extra study days.

Good luck everyone, don't get discouraged, I know I was. If I can do it, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!
-B

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login