fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try, 4 AT's, 1 BT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try, 4 AT's, 1 BT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 11 months ago #21108

Vijayasundhari Palanivelu

Congrats!
3 years 11 months ago #21107

Daniel Hooks

First let me say that my experience has been a weird one. I wanted to be certified before Thanksgiving last year. But long story short, I went through two rounds of audits and multiple re-schedules due to Covid-19. I finally took and passed the exam last night from home in my first attempt!

What's weird to me is that the version of the exam I got I would call the "experiential" exam. The questions mostly were rooted in situational scenarios that did not come primarily from the PMBOK. While I was answering questions I was thinking about my own experience in dealing with similar situations a lot.

From a prep perspective I did the following:
-Read the PMBOK three times
-Watched the PrepCast video series once fully, and certain videos multiple times
-Did internet research on questions I had, reviewed forums
-Absolutely wore out the PrepCast exams and quizzes, took other free tests that I could find referred from here

Again I think my version of the exam was on the rarer side, just based on all the recommendations I see out there. It felt more like a really challenging job interview-style exam than an academic one. But, thankfully I passed and now onto the PDU's!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login