fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on first try, 4 AT's, 1 BT

Passed on first try, 4 AT's, 1 BT 3 years 11 months ago #21107

• Daniel Hooks
  • Daniel Hooks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
First let me say that my experience has been a weird one. I wanted to be certified before Thanksgiving last year. But long story short, I went through two rounds of audits and multiple re-schedules due to Covid-19. I finally took and passed the exam last night from home in my first attempt!

What's weird to me is that the version of the exam I got I would call the "experiential" exam. The questions mostly were rooted in situational scenarios that did not come primarily from the PMBOK. While I was answering questions I was thinking about my own experience in dealing with similar situations a lot.

From a prep perspective I did the following:
-Read the PMBOK three times
-Watched the PrepCast video series once fully, and certain videos multiple times
-Did internet research on questions I had, reviewed forums
-Absolutely wore out the PrepCast exams and quizzes, took other free tests that I could find referred from here

Again I think my version of the exam was on the rarer side, just based on all the recommendations I see out there. It felt more like a really challenging job interview-style exam than an academic one. But, thankfully I passed and now onto the PDU's!

Passed on first try, 4 AT's, 1 BT 3 years 11 months ago #21108

• Vijayasundhari Palanivelu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login