fbpx

Reply: 1st attempt above target pass

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : 1st attempt above target pass

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21008

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your tips with us.
3 years 10 months ago #20997

1st attempt above target pass

's Avatar

BLUF: Apply the standard to your day to day work and use tests to verify you are on the same page for terminology. The Online Proctor system works great but there are a few nuances to be aware of.

PM PrepCast (+exam sim) and the PMBOK Guide were the only tools I used for preparing for the PMP Exam. I started in November and set my goal to test as the start of second quarter 2020 (so April).
I would listen to the PrepCast Podcasts on my commute to work and on long car rides (I move from RI to SC during this time so that was a fun filled 18hours in the car to learn!).

Instead of trying to use the PMBOK Guide by reading it to study I kept it with me at work. Rather than just going with the status quo of how we do things I would say “How would the Project Management Standards” recommend I do this. And I would look up specific items and figure out how to apply them to the real situations I was in. And in turn learn their terminology.

I took 4 full PrepCast Simulator test on the Sundays leading up to my intended exam date I would score consistently between 70% and 75%.

I got super frustrated when they closed the testing centers as I was so close to my target date. Then a co-worker mentioned they opened online testing!! I signed up on Tuesday and tested on Friday. The online testing broke my strides a bit as my intention as I had practiced was to take a walk around for 5-10 minutes every 50 questions. You get one 10-minute break. And it may not fall at the 100 question mark. Mine was after question 89… Again, threw me off my game. (you submit the first half and cannot go back at this point).

After I submitted and got my passed announcement and opted to take the survey. During which time my screen locked up and I could only chat with the proctor who also couldn’t get my exam back. I was a bit freaked out if my results were going to be sent! I called the testing center and my results had already been sent to PMI and I got the information quickly just by going to the PMI website and chatting with them.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login