fbpx

Reply: Passed on my second attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on my second attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 weeks ago #20233

FELIX KAMANGA

's Avatar

Yes, Afraa

Situational questions are often long because of a scenario that must be described prior to have the question asked actually.
I think you should be prepared to find those kinds of questions.

Felix
4 years 3 weeks ago #20229

Afraa Ghoulam

Congratulations
One question please: Were there long questions in the exam? I mean more than 2 rows length with long answers? English is not my first language as well
4 years 3 weeks ago #20228

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Felix,

Congratulations on your great victory!
4 years 3 weeks ago #20226

Felix Kamanga, PMP

I just passed on my second attempt, with four "Above Target" over the five Process Groups.

For my first attempt, I focused on reading the PMBOK, Rita's book, and practised many mocks found online and 9 exam simulators from various sources, where I was getting an average score of 72 to 75 per cent.
But during the exam, I found questions a little bit more difficult than those I got during my preparation.

After one week of relaxation, I decided to schedule for a second attempt, using lessons learnt from my previous experience, as I identified my most important weaknesses: the need for more practice on situational questions and time management during the exam, knowing that English is not my first language.
I scheduled my exam for 8 weeks later and went for a second reading of the PMBOK in more details, based on the questions of the exam, and was looking for more appropriate mocks to practice.

I discovered the Cornelius PMP Exam Simulator just 3 weeks before the exam thanks to a free set of sample questions I saw by chance while searching on the Internet for reliable resources. I went through them, and I saw that it was matching my needs.
I immediately paid for my access to the PMP Exam Simulator and worked with it for the rest of the time.
I scored 70 per cent and more to all of the exams (included the ITTO), except two of them where I got 63% and 68%, due certainly to some disturbance around me while I was working. But above all, I read carefully the explanations provided for the questions I failed and those I marked for review while answering, even if I got the right answers. That was very helpful.
I can simply say that the PMP Exam Simulator is a MUST for good preparation to the PMP Exam.
Can you imagine that for this second attempt I finished answering the questions 15 minutes before the four hours, and the questions looked to be easier or at the same level as those of the PMP Exam Simulator!

It took me five months of discipline, hard work and serious preparation in total to succeed to the PMP Exam.

I hope this will help those being in the same situation as I described.

Felix

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login