fbpx

Reply: Second attempt - Above Target all Domains

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Second attempt - Above Target all Domains

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
3 years 10 months ago #21178

Yolanda Mabutas

Hi Devin,

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your PMP journey.
3 years 10 months ago #21172

Devin

I just passed my PMP and the questions on the actual PMP examination while covering the same material, are definitely more vague (I've seen this posted elsewhere and set my expectations accordingly when setting for the exam. I must confess that I am a horrible multiple choice test taker, I mean the worst. I'm too much of a reader if you know what I mean. I didn't finish the exam with a lot of time because it takes me a couple of tries reading the question to understand what in the world they are talking about. With that said, I did the following with the exams (again I am horrible at multiple choice tests): I reviewed my exams with the following criteria: 1) questions I got wrong that I didn't mark. These were questions that I assumed I knew the answer to or failed to read LEAST in the question. Was this a trap question? 2) questions I marked, but got wrong. Was I able to get it down to two choices? Use these questions to identify clues in the problem statement that will illuminate the right answer. 3) questions I marked and got right - these are good review questions because you eliminated wrong answers and was able to work out the right answer (this is what you need to do on the actual exam BTW). 4) finally, questions you simply got right because you knew the answer. Review these questions to double check you have this info down.I took notes from the PMBOK in excel creating questions on what I call "dust" like types of voting for example. If some question wasn't in my notes, I added it so that as I did the exam I built up review questions topics.

Good luck.
3 years 11 months ago #20580

rei

's Avatar

Congrats! I hope to pass in June. This will be my second attempt. Did you find the questions on Prepcast harder or easier than the test?
3 years 11 months ago #20550

Netra

's Avatar

Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

I too plan to sit for a 2nd attempt pass. Do you mind sharing which PM PrepCast you used? Was is basic, elite, or some combination?

Thanks in advance!
4 years 3 weeks ago #20221

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Mike! Thanks for taking the time to share your exam success with us.
4 years 3 weeks ago #20220

Mike Allcock

After failing on my first attempt (reading PMBOK 3 times (5 months) and a week of internet exam, I was down and out and came across a PM PrepCast podcast on what to do when you fail the exams. I realized to pass this exam I need help. I subscribed to the Podcasts and Exam Simulator, before selecting them I spent time going thru other companies lesson learned to ensure I made the right selection.

Then over the last 3 months, I spent between 20 - 25 hours a week (as well working a 40 hr week with a young family) listerning, taking notes and do an exam a week for last 8 weeks. Exam simulator results were Exam 1 - 65.5, 2 - 67, 3 - 69, 4 - 71, 5 - 68, 6 - 65, 7 -67 and 8 (ITTO) 56.5. Exam taking isn't my stongest point and have always struggled with standardised exams and after being frustrated after seeing my exam scores go down I contact PM PrepCast support for guidance and they supplied me with useful links to prepare for the exam techiques, such as planning how to answer the questions and elimnate the wrong answer. The exam was extremely difficult and I was prepared for the worse when I clicked the button. All the exam silmulators are the nearest you can get to the PMP exam. I had tried a lot for free questions in my first attempt.

I high recommend seleting this PM PrepCast for preparations for your exam and I will continue to use for PDU in the future.

Thank you PM PrepCast

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login