fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam second time

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam second time

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 weeks ago #20199

Yolanda Mabutas

Congratulations! and thank you for sharing your lessons learned.
4 years 3 weeks ago #20192

Srinivasa Vejendla

My first attempt was very premature preparation. I got book by Rita Mulcahy, went on speed reading it in literally two weeks and attended the exam.
No test bank tests or mock tests. Went straight to the exam. I passed in all categories but failed in execution part. Didn't felt that exam was tough but it is just that I couldn't recollect the topics which I studied and made mistakes. I realized its a pure preparation issue,
Bought PrepCast as found videos are convenient to watch than sitting on a book and study. went through videos one time read book fully for the second time. By this time I had most of the topics spinning in my head, Schedule the exam again went to the exam. On the day of the exam I had heavy migraine, thought of cancelling. PMI policy is you use or lose exam so went to the test with migraine. Luckily this time all the sections I scored above target except execution. Biggest lesson learned is read all the contents of PMP at least twice. Even if you have lot of experience as PMP professional exam tests you on your knowledge of all the areas without reading them and memorizing them passing is not going to be easy. Good luck to all the new PMP aspirants.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login