fbpx

Reply: Passed the exam.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the exam.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 1 month ago #19977

David Carmen, PMP

First, I understand every exam is different. That said, I had a handful of questions that required an understanding of the concepts in the formulae, but I didn't have any calculations.
4 years 1 month ago #19923

Neeraj Vasudeva

Congrats David !!
May i ask approx. how many formulae questions did you get from Cost Management Knowledge Area?

-Neeraj
4 years 1 month ago #19921

David Carmen, PMP

I took the PMP exam yesterday. I passed with all "Above Target". I have to give credit where credit is due, Cornelius Fitchner's Prepcast was beyond valuable in preparation for the exam. Now on to my lessons learned;
1. Read the PMBOK Guide and understand the methodology that it's trying to present. There is a logical progression of the processes, once that is understood, it makes understanding what the questions are trying to ask much easier.
2. Take the PM Prepcast, not only does it prepare you well for the exam, you get your 35 contact hours.
3. Take as many of the practice exams as possible, I took 5, and made sure that I scored close to 80% before I sat for the exam. The practice exam questions are very similar in level of difficulty to the exam itself.
4. Use the quiz feature to practice questions when you don't have time for a full practice exam. I tried to take a 30 question quiz each day at lunch.
5. The goal with the practice exams and the quizzes is to understand the structure of the questions and more importantly to understand how to identify the correct answer. The questions and especially the explanations of answers are an excellent study resource.
6. Finally, as it says in the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy; "Don't Panic".
Good Luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login