fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification?

This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification? 4 years 2 months ago #19902

• Kennard McDonald
  • Kennard McDonald's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took the PMP exam two times now. See results
First attempt
Initiating - Needs Improvement-1
Planning - Needs Improvement
Executing - Needs Improvement
Monitoring and Controlling - Needs Improvement
Closing - Below Target

Today's Exam results
Initiating - Below Target
Planning -Target
Executing - Target
Monitoring and Controlling - Target
Closing - Above Target

This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification? 4 years 2 months ago #19909

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Hi Kennard,

I hear you, it's one of the tough exam. Sometime, i feel like it's like doing mini MBA. I am assuming that by family you were referring to PMP family and not your personal family :-)

Looking at your scores, here's what I would say.. I definitely see a pattern of improvement, but also your first attempt score highlight that perhaps you were not completely ready.

If i were at your place then may be I would take a step back and take a break of a week and start with fresh energy. Once you restart, take a hard look at your weak areas. I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now after not been able to clear in 2nd attempt.

What were your scores like in pm-simulator?

-Neeraj

This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification? 4 years 2 months ago #19910

• Kennard McDonald
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes, the first time I underestimated the exam. I wish I knew about this site then. For the second time around I schedule the exam and signed up for the simulator.
It definitely helped when taking the exam for the second time. My highest score in the simulator was 59.5%. I think with a break and more pm-simular exam ( they are just long lol) I would be fine for the next time I sit for the exam. I need to make sure I get at least 70% to 80% on all exams before I take the exam.

This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification? 4 years 2 months ago #19911

• Neeraj Vasudeva
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Yaah, i would say, anything above 75% on pm-simulator should help you a lot. Though pm-simulator clearly states that whatever percentage you score is not directly related to the actual exam that you might end up scoring. Having said that, since your score was 59.5% i would highly recommend to aim consistently for more than 75%, that would definitely increase the chances. Also before you attempt any more exam, focus more on your weak area, since you don't want to exhaust all the simulator questions.

-Neeraj
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennard McDonald

This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification? 4 years 2 months ago #19914

• Kennard McDonald
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
yes, when I get back on track I will focus on the Initiation process group via Time and Learning quizzes.

This one hurts family!! :( Should I continue with being the PMP Certification? 4 years 2 months ago #19953

• Tejas Dharia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Kennard.. I would advise you the following
1. Break of a week first
2. read Rita's once
3. read Pmbok at least two times process group wise
4. free practice tests which are avalable online
5. read Pmbok again process group wise
6. PM Prepcast (this is the best available simulator)
7. schedule exam
I would also advise you to spend around 3-4 months on the preparation
All the very best
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login