fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP of First Attempt: 3-AT's, 1-T, & 1-NI

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP of First Attempt: 3-AT's, 1-T, & 1-NI

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19791

Martina Gucek

Where did you find this MONK exams?
4 years 3 months ago #19758

Lisa Sweeney PMP

Well done, Kenneth!

Yes, you're right: it's a great feeling “to be on the other side of it!”

Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here. They are valuable to PMP candidates all over the world. :)

Kenneth Eliazo, PMP . . . it's got a nice ring to it.
4 years 3 months ago #19755

Kenneth Eliazo

Hello All,

I'd like to share that today I have passed the PMP Certification!
-3 Above Target
-1 Target
-1 Needs Improvement (Closing, go figure)

I had applied to sit for the exam on 10/09/19, with a 10-week study plan which would lead me to take the PMP on 12/19/19. My plan included listening to Cornelius Fichtner's podcast introducing PMP concepts, reading the PMBOK (6th ed.) guide, reading Andy Crowe's study guide "The PMP Exam: How to Pass on your First Try" and taking the PMP Exam Simulator . I went through the podcasts, read the PMBOK guide and Andy Crowe's Study Guide within 6 weeks, and spent the remaining 4 weeks taking Mock Exams and reviewing. I had taken 4 Mock Exams, when I decided to re-schedule my Exam to 01/27/20 because I was not satisfied with my last score of 69.5%.

I took the Christmas week off and resumed studying after the new year. I took the next 3 Mock Exams, once a week. My score did not improve that much over these 4 weeks. In fact, I got another 69.5% on the last score before the Exam. Frustrating, but at this point I figured to go through with it and hope for the best. Thankfully, the PMP test itself was easier than the Mock Exams. I relied heavily on my intuition, a mindset that was shaped during all that studying, Mock Exam taking and reviewal.

Highly recommend the PMP Exam Simulator and reviewing your answers, incorrect or correct. This is where I got most of the benefit. It prepares you for test-taking stamina, identifying traps and practice managing your time. Here are all my Mock Exam results:

MOCK EXAM 1 73.0%
MOCK EXAM 2 76.0%
MOCK EXAM 3 69.0%
MOCK EXAM 4 69.5%
MOCK EXAM 5 69.5%
MOCK EXAM 6 72.5%
MOCK EXAM 7 69.5%

The PMP is a challenging test to prepare for, but is worth while! I am glad to be on the other side of it!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login