fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP of First Attempt: 3-AT's, 1-T, & 1-NI

Passed PMP of First Attempt: 3-AT's, 1-T, & 1-NI 4 years 2 months ago #19755

• Kenneth Eliazo
  • Kenneth Eliazo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello All,

I'd like to share that today I have passed the PMP Certification!
-3 Above Target
-1 Target
-1 Needs Improvement (Closing, go figure)

I had applied to sit for the exam on 10/09/19, with a 10-week study plan which would lead me to take the PMP on 12/19/19. My plan included listening to Cornelius Fichtner's podcast introducing PMP concepts, reading the PMBOK (6th ed.) guide, reading Andy Crowe's study guide "The PMP Exam: How to Pass on your First Try" and taking the PMP Exam Simulator . I went through the podcasts, read the PMBOK guide and Andy Crowe's Study Guide within 6 weeks, and spent the remaining 4 weeks taking Mock Exams and reviewing. I had taken 4 Mock Exams, when I decided to re-schedule my Exam to 01/27/20 because I was not satisfied with my last score of 69.5%.

I took the Christmas week off and resumed studying after the new year. I took the next 3 Mock Exams, once a week. My score did not improve that much over these 4 weeks. In fact, I got another 69.5% on the last score before the Exam. Frustrating, but at this point I figured to go through with it and hope for the best. Thankfully, the PMP test itself was easier than the Mock Exams. I relied heavily on my intuition, a mindset that was shaped during all that studying, Mock Exam taking and reviewal.

Highly recommend the PMP Exam Simulator and reviewing your answers, incorrect or correct. This is where I got most of the benefit. It prepares you for test-taking stamina, identifying traps and practice managing your time. Here are all my Mock Exam results:

MOCK EXAM 1 73.0%
MOCK EXAM 2 76.0%
MOCK EXAM 3 69.0%
MOCK EXAM 4 69.5%
MOCK EXAM 5 69.5%
MOCK EXAM 6 72.5%
MOCK EXAM 7 69.5%

The PMP is a challenging test to prepare for, but is worth while! I am glad to be on the other side of it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martina Gucek

Passed PMP of First Attempt: 3-AT's, 1-T, & 1-NI 4 years 2 months ago #19758

• Lisa Sweeney PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 52
Well done, Kenneth!

Yes, you're right: it's a great feeling “to be on the other side of it!”

Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here. They are valuable to PMP candidates all over the world. :)

Kenneth Eliazo, PMP . . . it's got a nice ring to it.

Passed PMP of First Attempt: 3-AT's, 1-T, & 1-NI 4 years 1 month ago #19791

• Martina Gucek
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Where did you find this MONK exams?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login