fbpx

Reply: Got PMP in first Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Got PMP in first Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19647

Elizabeth Harrin

Well done!
4 years 2 months ago #19640

Vignesh Srinivasan

Ya …. Passed the PMP in the first attempt (3 AT & 2 T).I want to share my experience with people.. I just want to do this because I got some insight from the experience shared by the people, when I was preparing for PMP.
I started for PMP preparation in September’19 and I planned to take exam in Dec’19. I started my preparation with PMBOK. But I found difficult to study with PMBOK, since its very raw and boring. Moreover, concepts were not explained completely in PMBOK. So I decided to check with RITA book.Ya …it works out. I loved it. RITA explained the concepts in a detailed manner and it’s like reading a story book for me.
I read every chapter of RITA and work out the question in the RITA book.The questions in the RITA chapter mostly would be a situational question, it helped me to understand the depth of knowledge required for clearing PMP. After reading the chapter in RITA book, I would read the same chapter in PMBOK. This process helped me to understand the PMBOK terms. We should not forget that, it’s important to go through PMBOK and understanding it terms.
Due to my work from 8am to 6pm including Saturday (moreover, I have to cook), Iam unable to follow my baseline planning. So, I decided to take exam in January Month. I scheduled my exam on 7th January 2020.
So at the end of December’19, I have revised the PMBOK and RITA two times. I didn’t take any MOCK exams yet. I was in the Christmas & New year celebration mood. I thought I can’t take the exam on 7th January 2020.So I rescheduled my exam to 14th January 2020.
I checked in the internet for Mock up exam. First I took free mock up exam by Oliver lehman.100 questions..I got 62% and I took 200 mock up PMP question by Oliver lehman got 75%.
And I tried PM Precast free mock up exam by Cornelius Fichtner and got 52%. I was disturbed, I found out I was lacking in some knowledge areas still. The great thing about PM Precast was it explained the answer in a detailed manner.Also, it explained the other incorrect answer, why it was wrong. It was already 8th Jan’20, when I was doing this exercise. So I have to make a call, whether to buy PM Precast simulator for 6 days??? Whether I have to spend 139 dollar for 6 days??
Finally, I took a call to buy PM Precast PMP exam simulator. I thought I can take 2 exam per day and I can complete 8 exams in a week. But unable to do it. I completed 3 Mockup exams only and my scores were 73%, 75% & 82% respectively. I spent lot of time to analysis the wrong answer and found out my gap in knowledge areas. Really, the PM Precast explains the answer in very detailed manner, it helped me a lot.
So finally, D day came, I have exam on Morning 8Am and I reached the exam centre on 7.30Am.If you are in other country, it will be better to bring passport. I have completed my exam in 3 hours and I took 1 hours for revisiting the flagged question. Finally the screen came “ Congratulations”
So my quick advice is
1. Combinedly study the PMBOK and RITA Book. Maybe you can try PM Precast videos also. It will be better to understand.
2. Schedule the exam after u completed Mock up exam and when you are confident
3. I strongly recommend PM Precast Simulator for Mock up exam (In my case I did Mock up in the edge, it will better if u start the mock up exam 20 days before the exam)
4. Go through the RITA Chart (Planning process especially) & Integrated Change control process in RITA Book.
5. Go through PMBOK atleast thrice.
6. No need to memorize ITTO. Just remember the concept

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login