fbpx

Reply: Passed - 1st Try - Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed - 1st Try - Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 2 months ago #19529

Elizabeth Harrin

Congratulations, Jason!
4 years 3 months ago #19445

Jason Davis

First of all, you've got this. Just put in the time, stay focused and remember why you decided to put yourself through this (Your Name Here, PMP).

For me, my approach was relatively simple (though there are many, overwhelmingly so). Basically, I just put in the time and studied for almost six months (4-8 hours per week, primarily on the weekends).

Three basic steps:
* First - Read Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep, 9th edition cover-to-cover.
* Second - Memorized equations for Risk, Integration, Scheduling, Communication and Cost, along with the ITTO matrix.
* Third - Took five practice exams via this simulator (68, 74, 69, 75, 76).

The actual exam (which took me all 4-hours) was equally as challenging as the practice exams (though I had a buddy that said it was easier, so I guess it depends on your particular exam). I took the first 10 minutes to do a “brain dump” of the ITTO matrix and equations, but not sure I’d do it again. It was nice to have, but honestly—after all the memorization necessary to perform the brain dump, I didn’t really need to reference it. Either way—brain dump or not—I highly recommend memorizing the equations and ITTO matrix.

Good luck and I’m rooting for you!

V/R, Jason

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login