fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19512

Elizabeth Harrin

Well done, Ryan! What a great way to end the year.
4 years 4 months ago #19415

Ryan Gagliano

Hi All,

I just finished the exam and happy to report all AT's!

I read through Andy Crowe's prep book and did 7 practice exams and about 20 quizzes here on PM PrepCast.
These exams were extremely helpful in helping identify the concept being asked as well as working on your time mgmt / test strategy.
I scored between 81.5% - 87% on the practice tests, averaging 84.1%.

My notes:
1) The Pearson Vue computer doesn't have the strikethrough function like PM Cast does. Too bad - I really like that feature.
2) The couple days leading up to the exam, I did a good number of quizzes as time would allow in my workday, just to get my brain in test mode. I also reviewed a few key areas for me: behavior theories (none showed up in my exam), types of organizations, and formulas.
3) Arrive to the test center 30 mins early, take a number, get a locker for your things, keep your ID with you, get signed in.
4) I chose to take the computer tutorial to give myself a little time to do my brain dump. The tutorial times out after 5 mins, but it helped to take this time to get my notes down and get comfortable.
5) Regarding the questions:
a) The simple ones were simple. I had to look twice to make sure they weren't trick questions.
b) There were only a few EV questions and some were just interpretation of ratios rather than asking you to calculate them.
c) The hard questions were the vague ones. As I would read the question, a concept would come to mind, such as "refer to contracts or agreements" then the answers would have nothing close. That was frustrating. So you had to go one or two levels deeper to think about the scenario. In some cases, I had to guess between two possible answers.
d) Definitely use the marking feature and go back on them at the end. I changed a few upon review that I didn't initially know what they were asking for, then it became more apparent - hopefully!

Hope it helps and best of luck!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login