fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19426

Jags

Thank you, did some quizzes and then started doing mocks on prepcast after doing some 300 questions in quizzes. Completed around 1100 questions, will take one final mock tomorrow and will be done with prepcast mocks. Giving my exam on 27th, lets see how it goes.
4 years 3 months ago #19425

Jags

Thank you, that really helps

Anonymous wrote: My tips:
1) You should always be problem solving as a PM. so , pick the best response from PMBOK''s perspective that has resolved the issue/problem statement in the question.
2) Sponsor and the customer should be the absolute last resort to contact. As a PM, one should always try to resolve first, and if nothing else works- then contact the sponsor or customer. Except in the case of business case where PM can provide recommendations to sponsor to add/edit the business case contents.
3) During your preparation, ask yourself why is this an ITTO of this process.

This should help. All the best !

4 years 3 months ago #19418

Edward Andrews

The vagueness of many questions and trying to relate the answer choices to the question make the test very difficult. I relied on process of elimination (and sometimes guessing between two) and trying to apply PM ‘best practices’ to what seemed like very subjective answers. I would refer to what Rita called PMIisms. A very idealized version of a PM. The prep cast simulator does a good job of approximating the real exam questions.
4 years 3 months ago #19417

Anonymous

's Avatar

My tips:
1) You should always be problem solving as a PM. so , pick the best response from PMBOK''s perspective that has resolved the issue/problem statement in the question.
2) Sponsor and the customer should be the absolute last resort to contact. As a PM, one should always try to resolve first, and if nothing else works- then contact the sponsor or customer. Except in the case of business case where PM can provide recommendations to sponsor to add/edit the business case contents.
3) During your preparation, ask yourself why is this an ITTO of this process.

This should help. All the best !
4 years 3 months ago #19409

Jags

Congratulations !!! Many people complain about the vagueness of questions in the Exam. Any tips to overcome that?
4 years 3 months ago #19408

Shweta Sah

Very pleased that my hard work paid off and I finally passed my PMP with 3AT/2T.

I work full-time , so took me 4 months of studying. I used the following resources:

1. PMBOK (Read twice)
2. Rita Mulcahy (Read once)
3. Joseph Philip's - Udemy
4. Cornelius simulation Exam (By far the best simulation exam and reviewing both right and wrong answers really helped) - I scored between 78 % with my first exam and then scored between 80-85%. This definitely gives you a good benchmark to know how you will do on your real exam. Did around 5 full simulation exams.
5. I also used a PMP pocket prep app- Free version which was very helpful when I had few minutes of time.

Regarding the exam itself- I did do my braindump of all 49 processes and formulas; but did not help me much. There were only 3 simple formula questions. You can't take water inside with you- so that experience wasn't very pleasant. Otherwise, it was quiet.

Hats off to all who have and are preparing for this exam. It's not an easy feat, but with determination and perseverance- you can do it.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login