fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP - Using PM PrepCast while at one of my lowest moments in life !

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP - Using PM PrepCast while at one of my lowest moments in life !

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 3 months ago #19420

Murtaza Sheikh

Congrats Patrick .. hope this is a great morale booster for you.
4 years 3 months ago #19383

Patrick T Khayumbi

's Avatar

I came across PM Prep Cast while I was at a point of cross roads in my personal life in 2012. I will not dive into details . I had heard people talk about PMP and how valuable it can be to both personal and professional life but not in details.. This is the time I felt like I needed something that may “help neutralize what I was going thorough so I began studying for PMP. I bought a number of books, attended some classes at a local university, but then later I felt like giving up. Understanding the PMBOK was a challenge but then I came across Cornelius Fitchner’s Products and my motivation went on fast lane. I enrolled.
For about 4 months, I studied using various methods;- books; online sites .PM Prep Cast was my main complement to the PMBOK Guide. Sometimes I just watched videos; sometimes I read the books as well as took the simulation exams. Cornelius has a gift of demystifying what is in the PMBOK Guide. Each day after work I looked forward to watching the videos. Some lessons learned include but not limited to;-
1. First and foremost to treat PMP exam exactly as ‘a project” by coming up with a study plan by asking these questions, “the Why, How; when; what; which”, Why I have chosen to do PMP, how should I study, what should I study; When should I study and which tools, books or online products should I buy etc.
2. After answering the above questions, come up with an approach that is suitable to or in relation to how you answered the above questions; - have a time table, milestones; risk plan among others.
3. In addition to the PMBOK Guide, purchase at least 2 or three other books. Having so many books can be a distraction. In my situation I bought a book that approached the study using the five Process; Initiation, Planning, Executing; Monitoring and Control and Closing. I also bought another book which used the approach of knowledge areas.
4. Choose your favorite or convenience time to study. Have breaks where you can and do something totally different from projects (this can be a sport, going out, doing charity work etc). The main goal here is to let your “clear your mind of studying stress” and avoid multitasking
5. The Prep Cast Exam simulations are a great tool. Attempt at least over 6 exams. The exams are really solid and if you start scoring over 85%, you are on the right track. I found out that the questions on PrepCast were more challenging than the real exam
6. Training can be expensive, but if you get this product, plus a few books, you don’t need to pay hundreds of dollars. Truth be told, the exam is challenging but the fact that you are on this site, is a way of your determination to realize your goal(s). Did I say I passed my exams? Yes I did, and now you are next. All the best

Patrick Tuti Khayumbi, MBA, MSc. IT, CSSGB, CSM, PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login