fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed First Attempt!!

Passed First Attempt!! 4 years 4 months ago #19261

• Meena Narahari
  • Meena Narahari's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Great success with the PM PrepCast and simulator. Took the test today - have been studying for the last 4 months. I have used the PrepCast, Rita Mulcahy, Andy Crowe book, the PMBOK and the Linkedin PMI certification Lynda.com certification course by Sandra Mitchell (which I highly recommend as the tests and materials are great!). However, I really feel that the PrepCast Simulation was brilliant and for a nervous test taker - really helped prepare me so well that I was able to better focus on the questions instead of my jitters.

While I found that PMP questions and simulator questions were of a similar difficulty level - there were some aspects of the test that were definitely more challenging. However, the explanations in the simulator are so well written that I found that it was much easier to reason through the more difficult questions. I needed all 4 hours and did skip one of the more complex calculation questions for time sake. When the "Passed" message came up - I was still in test mode that I nearly missed it. Thank goodness they give you a print out at the test center. I passed with AT in all sections :) :)

Just a note about the Test Center - they were efficient and helpful. I did have a little trouble with my certification name and ID name not being a full match & needed to show a second ID. If you have a long name and go by a short-form - your ID should match. This could be an issue for you - so be aware. Thanks also to Joe who responded to my "Defer" question and recommended that I take the test even though my simulation scores were in the 70's.

Passed First Attempt!! 4 years 4 months ago #19263

• Elizabeth Harrin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 114
Congratulations, Meena! Well done on passing the exam.
---
Elizabeth Harrin

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login