fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Domain: Needs Improvement

Domain: Needs Improvement 4 years 4 months ago #19067

• Kennard McDonald
  • Kennard McDonald's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Everyone,

I did not pass my PMP exam and was wondering what exactly do you study or review if you get " Needs Improvement" in a Domain? What do you target? Do you study everything all over again? Please advise.

Domain: Needs Improvement 4 years 4 months ago #19070

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 604
Kennard,

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't pass at first. I know it's frustrating, but if you apply yourself you can tackle this in the second go. And - from your question - it looks to me that you want to get this done.

Before I answer your question, may I recommend that you also take a look at this article here: www.project-management-prepcast.com/failed-pmp-exam it contains all my recommendations for someone in your situation.

Well... that is... "almost all" because you ask a good question: What does Needs Improvement mean? How do I tackle this. From my perspective this could have two meanings:
- The student hasn't studied enough and does indeed lack knowledge
- The student HAS studied enough but finds it hard to apply the knowledge to the questions from this domain

It's nearly impossible for me to know which category you fall into, so my recommendation would be that you take two steps: Start by doing a review of the Domain and all the materials, and keep doing a "deep dive" in areas where you recognize a lack of knowledge as you go through the training again. Once you are done with the review, answer as many sample questions from this domain as possible to see how well you can translates what you know/learned to these questions. In particular, apply Tip #4 from the above article when you review your results.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kennard McDonald
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login