fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: AT, T, T, T, T

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 6 months ago #18801

• L. Turner
  • L. Turner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Passed First Attempt
Lynda/LinkedIn 35 hours (Free)
PrepCast Exam Simulator 20 hours, 35 minutes
No books or additional materials. Did not read PMBOK or Rita.
No formal work as a project manager, unemployed 4 years (previously in another field entirely)

PM Prepast Podcasts - I listened to a few of PM Prepcast podcasts, but honestly found the organization to be cumbersome
and the accent/affectation very distracting.

The PM Prepcast Exam Simulator, however, is worth the money. Very close to the exam in style and type of questions.
No need to bother with the ITTOs. No need to memorize anything. No need to memorize formulas.
At all.

Focus on domains and improving your overall score. Focus on how to take a standardized test.

The PMI test results care about Domains - this is where the focus should be.
My quiz and exam test results from PM Prepcast were 60-70s with Initiating scoring the highest, 70-80s.
These results predicted a 95% passing rate.
The PM Prepcast predicts with relative accuracy how you will do on the real exam.

Best of luck,

L.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Michelot Junior PIERRE

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 6 months ago #18814

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Congrats on passing! Well done!
The following user(s) said Thank You: L. Turner

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 5 months ago #18831

• Michelle Abs
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
What exactly did you use on Lynda/LinkedIn? I just looked it up since I had not previously heard of it. I see that there are videos...is there a specific one you watched? Thank you!

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 5 months ago #18832

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
I also used the Lynda course. Lynda is a paid service, however many employers will pay for this, thereby allowing you to get the 35 hours of training time for free. I believe the course was titled something like "PMP Exam Prep" or something along that line. It will say in the course description that it qualifies for the 35 hours of training needed. It's a series of videos (dozens of them) that basically walks through the entire PMBOK and explains the content that will be important to know for the exam.

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 5 months ago #18835

• L. Turner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is the link: www.lynda.com/Project-Management-tutoria...al-PMP/659716-2.html

Lynda is a PMI registered provider. #4101 I went through the course free through my library.

There is also a prep course for Agile.
Last edit: by L. Turner.

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 5 months ago #18836

• L. Turner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I went through the course FREE through my public library. Indeed, it is the SAME course that paid users of LinkedIN can access.

www.lynda.com/Project-Management-tutoria...al-PMP/659716-2.html

They are a registered provider. #4101
Last edit: by L. Turner.

AT, T, T, T, T 4 years 5 months ago #18837

• L. Turner
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is the link: www.lynda.com/Project-Management-tutoria...al-PMP/659716-2.html

Lynda is a PMI registered provider. #4101 I went through the course free through my library.

There is also a prep course for Agile.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login