fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed My PMP Exam Today - 2nd Attempt - AT in ALL Process Groups

Passed My PMP Exam Today - 2nd Attempt - AT in ALL Process Groups 4 years 6 months ago #18708

• Susan Marie Roberts
  • Susan Marie Roberts's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I passed my PMP exam today, it was my second attempt and to my surprise I got Above Target in ALL process groups. Thank you to PM PrepCast for the help! I answered every single question in the PMP Exam Simulator. The questions were quite realistic to the exam itself. For my first exam, I got AT in two process groups (initiation and closing) and below target in execution, planning and monitor/control.
So, to study for my second attempt, I used targeted questions for those areas where I needed more study. I also went to an in-person bootcamp (paid for by my company) and study Rita's book cover to cover twice and completed all exercises. I memorized ALL the formulas suggested by PrepCast and only had ONE formula question (PERT), but, it's better to be safe then sorry. My exam was 99% situational questions and I'm so happy I used the PrepCast Exam simulator questions! I averaged 75% accuracy on my first attempt for all questions. I can honestly say, I have not even opened the PMBOK guide, although I do not suggest this for anyone, but it worked for me. The exam is about application of knowledge, not memorization and for me, that was a key element to passing. I'm so glad to have passed and I can move onto earning PDU's and not stress over the certification.
Thanks again PrepCast, I've recommended this website to several people in my organization that are preparing for the PMP exam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Donovan
Last edit: by Susan Marie Roberts.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login