fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed my PMP Exams on First attempt.

Passed my PMP Exams on First attempt. 4 years 6 months ago #18577

• David Thomas Simiyu
  • David Thomas Simiyu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I first scheduled for my exams in May 2018 and started reading PMBOK and Rita consistently for 3 months. However, a week before my exams, after being in my new job for 2 months, i had to travel outside the country for some tasks.
This meant rescheduling my exams. I was still determined to pursue the exams in another two months time. I rescheduled it to September. Again come end of August 2018, i had to travel abroad to oversee another project.
Obviously, this started wearing me out and wondered if it would be possible to undertake my exam within the year. I slowed down on reading and focused more on delivering the signed two projects in different foreign countries.
I also became abit comfortable with my work and lost ambition on PMP certification. I however, rescheduled my exams to December, with only a month remaining to finish the year. I hadnt prepared well as such, and again i found myself traveling out of the country. My boss ordered my to focus on the project, as it had lagged behind due to unforeseen reasons. Therefore, i never sat for the exam no wrote to PMI explaining myself.
This meant loosing out my one year membership without exams.
Come 2019, i was determined to be PMP certified no matter what it took. I submit my registration, but was subjected to audit due to failure of doing the exams. this took me about 3 weeks. Upon confirmation that i had been accepted to book for the exam, i indeed booked for the exams for 2nd September 2019. Fast foreward, i kept traveling in between countries not sure about where ill be during my exam time. This also affected my study.
In July 2019, while having a discussion with a friend of mine, i asked her which best material and simulator i can use since i had less than 8 weeks to the exams. She advice me a number of them PM Prepcast being one of them. I searched about it and paid for it without thinking twice. I immediately started using it, and fore sure i shall never regret about the decision i made. Booking the exam before preparing. I listened to Cornelius for about 4 hours a day, irrespective of where i was, at work, on the plane, hotel room, at home as i had download the podcast on my phone. Fore the first time i have to continuously use earphones, something i disliked alot.
PM Prepcast gives a clear explanation of the processes, ITTO and examples which are not in the PMBOK. and the way Cornelius explains things, it makes you visualize the entire process and ITTOs. He makes fun when explaining and this makes you feel the exams is like a piece of cake.
Three days to the exam, i was to travel again, but lack was on my side as my visa had expired and tactically is delayed to reply. I also deliberately decline to inform my colleagues that i was preparing for my PMP exams. I applied for leave on the exam day, went for the exam abit nervous but phsyc-ed up. This is because i had confident in what Cornelius had delivered to me.
I passed my PMP on the first attempt and was so happy and proud of myself. My boss and colleagues congratulated me and wondered how i did it with the multiple travels i did.
My advise is if you want to make it,use any approach possible, follow your instincts and be ready to sacrifice whatever it takes. I booked for my exams in a short period and worked towards doing it.
I thanks PM Prepcast, especially Cornelius for the great job they are doing, not only in preparing us to pass exams but impacting knowledge in us.
I look forward to enjoying a PMP embedded against my name.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login