fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam on my first try

Passed PMP exam on my first try 4 years 8 months ago #18062

• Dilara
  • Dilara's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I passed my PMP exam on July 17th! Above Target in all the domains! I started studying for PMP at the end of January, but didn’t really started studying seriously until April of 2019 which is when I scheduled my exam! I originally scheduled to take the exam on June 14th, but I felt like I had to reschedule it because i didn’t feel ready. I was taking mock exams on prep cast and wasn’t able to get anything pass %64, I rescheduled it, took a week off and started studying again! This time I was going through all my exam questions and “WRITING DOWN” the explanations, then I would read them again when I had free time! I probably have close to 80 pages of handwritten notes!

Here are the resources I used:
Rita’s PMP exam book 9th edition
I would recommend reading this book before the pmbok guide. PMBOK made more sense for me that way!
PMBOK Guide
It’s good information, pmp questions comes from it, so I would recommend skimming through it at least, or if you are using PrepCast exam simulator, you can use this book as a reference
PrepCast exam simulator:
I highly recommend this tool to see how you are doing before taking the exam! It really prepares you for the real exam! I just thought that these questions were a lot more difficult and trickier than the real exam questions. If you are not a great test taker I would recommend buying this tool.

On the exam day, everything went well! I finished all my questions and time ran out when I was going through my marked questions! It probably took less than a second for the system to calculate and say congratulations! I’m super happy and relieved that I don’t have to study for the exam anymore!

I hope this helps, good luck to you all!

Dilara

Passed PMP exam on my first try 4 years 8 months ago #18069

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dilara,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your success with us here and the resources you used for your preparations. I'm sure many aspiring PMP Exam takers would find this helpful.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login