fbpx

Reply: Passed 1st Attempt! AT/T/T/T/AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed 1st Attempt! AT/T/T/T/AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 9 months ago #17612

Tiffany Stephens

Below are my lessons learned:
My learning in the beginning was very passive. I began searching youtube, internet forums such as this one for advice on how to best prepare for the exam. I studied for 3.5 months. If you develop a good study plan and understand how the 10 Knowledge areas, 5 processes and 49 processes are integrated, you can pass the exam. I highly recommend purchasing PM Prepcast Simulator. Practicing exam questions was very helpful in training myself on how to handle situational questions. It helped me put myself in the mindset of a PM and what the PM would do next given the situation. I used the quiz simulator daily during commuting times.

Materials:
Joseph Philips’s course on Udemy - PMP Exam Prep Seminar PMBOK Guide 6 - This also helped me qualify for the 35 contact hours for the application.

Rita’s Mulcahly's book

PMBOK guide - I used it more as a reference guide when studying.

Following online resources were also very helpful

Vargas’s process video:
- *This video was the turning point(my ah-ha moment). Up until this point I was having a hard time trying to figure how to best understand the PMBOK framework without memorizing the ITTOs. This video provides the best Explanation of how the Knowledge and Process areas are integrated. Viewing this video will provide you with a good overall understanding of the PMBOK framework.

Praizion’s PMBOK Main Line:

Oliver Lehman’s 100 questions: I liked the difficulty level. Scored 75%

edward-designer.com/web/pmp/ - excellent resource as well. Edward provides notes for each Chapter in the PMBOK guide, EVM calculation section and commonly confused terms.

Best of luck! You can do it!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login