fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP at 1st attempt - May 25th

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP at 1st attempt - May 25th

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 10 months ago #17577

Venkataramanaiah Ramakrishnaiah

's Avatar

I share the same views of Shuhan. Don't read RITA.. it is waste of time.. Thanks to PM Prepcast Exam Simulator, I passed my exam first attempt on May 28 with the Above Target Score..

1) Do any good PMP prep course to earn the contact hours.. Take good notes in the class or after.. I used Onenote to organise all my notes.. It is easier to refer and also for revision.

2) Then buy PM Prepcast Exam Simulator (3 months package is more than enough)

3) Start practising and continue to read/learn from the PMBOK references provided in each of the questions.. This is the easiest way to understand the concepts from the context of passing the exam.

4) When time permits skim through PMBOK or any other reading material..

This is my recipe for success.

All the best
4 years 10 months ago #17569

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Shuhan,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
4 years 10 months ago #17567

Shuhan Luo

I passed my PMP at first attempt on May 25th after studying for this exam in the last three months. I am very thankful for the PM PrepCast and all of the study materials prepared by Cornelius Fichtner and his team. You guys did a wonderful job! I mainly used PM PrepCast as my only study guide and test simulation tool in my entire study time. I tried Rita Mulcahy's study guide, but I didn't finish reading it and I feel it makes the test a lot harder than it is. Some of the practice questions in Rita's book could be quite confusing. Below are my study plans.

First 8 weeks: Read PMBOK Guide thoroughly along with listening to all of PrepCast vedios. My score for the assessment is around 60%. This stage is very important because it helps you build a strong foudation for your PMP study. Due to my workload, I can only do my study during the weekends. So it takes me about 8 weeks to go through everything.

Next 4 weeks: Read PMBOK Guide again along with listening to all of the PrepCast vedios for the major 10 knoweldge areas. My score for the assessment is around 70-80%. In this stage, I notice some major imporevements in my score as I understand these concepts in depth and are able to see the connection between different knowledge areas and processes.

Last Week before the exam: Read PMBOK Guide again and write out all of the ITTOs for all of the processes and go through all of the key concepts in every charper. Continue doing simulation tests every day. My score remains around 70-80%. You don't need care too much about the results at this point. The most important thing is to be familar with the style of the questions and pace yourself as far as timing and stay confident in yourself. I didn't get a chance to finish all of my PrepCast simulation practice tests. But don't lose your confidence because of that.

On my exam day, I saw a lot of senario questions and some ITTO question but not a lot. The most important thing for me to stay clam even when I have almost 30-40 questions are not sure. The PrepCast simulation tool is awesome. Lots of those questions are very similar to the real exam questions. They are very, very helpful!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login