fbpx

Reply: Passed on 1st try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 1st try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
4 years 11 months ago #17048

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Blake,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We appreciate you taking the time of your day to share your experience with us here in the forum. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors :)
4 years 11 months ago #17044

Blake Richard

I'll try to keep this brief, here is what I did:

-Beginning in December I signed up for the PMP Prepcast. After I completed each module, I would stop and read the PMBOK chapter associated with that module.
-Sometimes I'd watch it at home from my recliner on my SmartTV or simply listen while driving to and from work.
-Once complete on the PMP Prepcast and reading the PMBOK, I read Andy Crowe's book and answered the questions.
-I listened to his 8 hour audio that comes with the book twice.
-I frequently got on YouTube and listened to the PMBOK Glossary while driving.
-At the Gym, on the bike, that's right, PMP Prepcast, Andy's Audio, or PMBOX Glossary.
-I memorized the 49 processes, I memorized all of the key formula's, and I memorized the 18 PM Plan components.
-I made 49 flashcards with each process and only the important ITTO's. Did them once a night.
-I did one full PMP Prepcast simulated exam (76%) and several 10 question quizzes.
-Most importantly, and I really stress this, anytime I listened to the audio or took a practice test and ran across a term that i was not 100% familiar with, I would make a flash card for it. These cards ended up having things like, Tornado Diagram, Tuckman's, Pareto, etc. Anything that I was not 100% clear in my head went on a flashcard and studied periodically. When it stuck in my head I removed it from the deck.

Signed up and passed on the first try.

Memorizing the 49 processes was easy over time. I memorized about 6 processes every few days and just kept building on it. I kept a 3 subject notebook and rewrote the table every single night.

Cheers and good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login