fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed Exam on March 21, 2019- Above Target

Passed Exam on March 21, 2019- Above Target 5 years 4 weeks ago #16895

• Quondreka Singleton
  • Quondreka  Singleton 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
The best advice I can give anyone regarding the PMP exam is to definitely complete the mock simulators. I completed all 7 simulators but if you do not have time to do all 7 stimulators I would recommend the last 3, in my opinion they appeared to be the hardest. The simulators provided great questions, great material and great way to study !!! I did not complete the ITTO simulator. I would also recommend the Rita Book!!!!! This book help me out tremendously . I completed all of Rita's Chapter Review test as well. I did read the PMBOK, but it was not my cup of tea so I mainly use the Rita Book and the Mock Simulators as my prep. The exam that I took focused a lot on Risk Mgmt., Procurement, Mgmt., Quality Mgmt, & quite a few from Communications Mgmt. I did not have many questions from Schedule and Cost Mgmt. I had 3 math questions, so I probably would not focus too much on memorizing the formulas, definitely make sure you know how to compute EAC, ETC and VAC. I had 1 critical path question, fairly easy. I did not do a brain dump, in my opinion is was not necessary, but again this is just my opinion.
I use all 4 hrs of my exam minus 2 minutes. After I answered all 200 questions, I did take a brief break ( like 2 minutes to grab some water ). When I came back from break I had exactly 45 minutes left, I used that time for my marked questions. During my exam, I read each question 2 times, If I did not know or understand the question after the 2nd time, I guessed on the best answer and marked it to come back to later. Definitely use the highlight and the strike out capability on your computer, it was excellent component, it helps to highlight important words that I might have missed just reading through or just the first time and to eliminate answers. I ended up answering 2 out of 3 of math questions at the very end, because I noticed the math portion was taking me a little longer to complete, which worked out for me.

Here are my results Initiating - Above Target, Planning- Above Target, Executing- Above Target , Monitor & Controlling- Target, Closing - Above Target

Hope this helps !!!

Good Luck everyone !!!

Passed Exam on March 21, 2019- Above Target 5 years 4 weeks ago #16910

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Quondreka,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC

Passed Exam on March 21, 2019- Above Target 5 years 4 weeks ago #16911

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Quondreka ,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!

Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here wish us and we appreciate the feedback to our Exam Simulator. We are glad it helped you prepare for the exam.

Good luck on your future endeavors! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login