fbpx

Reply: I passed in the first attempt!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed in the first attempt!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 weeks ago #16914

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Dominik,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!

Thank you for sharing your adventure towards the PMP certification here with us. The headphones tip was especially a good one.

Good luck in your future endeavors! :)
5 years 3 weeks ago #16873

Dominik Lewandowski

Hello all!

My adventure with PMP exam below:

I prepared about 3 months 4-5 hours everyday and ~10 hours weekdays.
I used PM Prepcast online followed by PM Prepcast exam simulator.
I read the PMBOK first, later few lessons and re-read book if needed.
I think online lessons at your own pace are better then bootcamp or interactive course.
At least were better for me, but you need to prepare study plan and stick to it.

But real preparation is the exam simulator. I think it is not possible to pass without it.

I did all full exams from simulator with below results:
PMP Exam 1 71%
PMP Exam 2 73%
PMP Exam 3 82%
PMP Exam 4 73%
PMP Exam 5 81.5%
PMP Exam 6 70.5%
PMP Exam 7 74.5%
PMP Exam 8(ITTO)63.3%

After each exam I analyzed marked and incorrectly answered questions.
After all exams I took 2 timed quizzes with incorrectly answered questions and scored more then 80%

Still felt not 100% prepared but took the exam and passed:

Overal: T

IN: AT
PL: AT
EX: T
M&T: BT
CL: AT

M&T result is surprising for me as I never was below in this area in the mock exams.

Exam itself:
I used headphones to block noise - very helpful as other people were coming, or clicking on mouses/keyboards or doing some other noisy things.

I asked about language aid while enrolling to the exam, as English is not my first language.
It helped in maybe 5-10 questions, but mostly I used English version as terms/words were more familiar.
Additionally system shows both versions on the screen which causes you need to scroll the screen almost in every question (or click 'Scroll' button)
But I would recommend to get language aid (if English is not your native)

About 20 questions were very easy, others - very similar as in the simulator. About 5 questions with calculation only.
I answered about 50% question with confidence, 30% with more thinking, 20% guessing.
I had not enough time to review marked questions. (Finished with about 10 minutes for review) I think stress causes to spend more time on questions.

I think when you score about 80% in the simulator for sure you will pass.
My average was 75%, with that I think it is also big chances.

I hope it helps.
Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login