fbpx

Reply: I passed my PMP Exam on the 1st try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed my PMP Exam on the 1st try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 week ago #16848

Stan Po - Admin

Dear Joey,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
5 years 1 week ago #16845

Joey Bruce

I passed my exam today scoring above target in all areas.
I gave myself a 6 month window in which to study and pass the exam. I was able to accomplish this in 4 1/2 months. I subscribed to the PM Prep Cast and from there watched each video. I took the time to learn all of the formulas in the first couple of weeks so I could use them to study during the course. I also read the PMBOK Guide from cover to cover, but only once. I studied everyday, 2 hours a day, for the 4 1/2 months. I was very determined and did not miss a single day of studying. I find it easier to learn and retain information by absorbing smaller bits over a longer period of time. Also, I really wanted to learn the methodology as I want to implement it amongst the group that I lead, so with that being said, I gave even more effort to understand the process's.
I learned the process flows pretty well and the major outputs of each process. I didn't memorize every ITTO but after studying for 4 months I had a pretty good idea of what they were and/or could narrow down the best answer. I spent much of my time during the last month on practice questions and simulated exams. I would work through at least 100 questions a day and study the ones that I didn't answer correctly.
The exam is not easy at all. It will push your concentration limits and wear you out. The majority of the questions I received were situational type questions and seemed to be more difficult that the ones I experienced during my studies. I came across very few math related questions and no definition type questions. There were times where I had to read the question a few time to interrupt what was being asked compared to the information given.
I would work through 50 questions at a time and then review the ones that I marked. I found that I had plenty of time to review the questions that I were unsure of and the questions made more sense the second time I reviewed them.
I arrived at the exam center 30 minutes early. I spent about 10 minutes clearing my mind before I entered the exam center. They were very nice and explained the process well. They are however, very strict and secure about what you can and can't do. The testing center was very quite which helped me concentrate.
I would like to that the PM Prep Cast Team for preparing me for the PMP exam. I couldn't have passed without their well rounded learning process's. I can say that they put forth a tremendous amount of effort in providing a great learning experience and one that lead to my successfully passing the PMP exam.

thanks all!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login