fbpx

Reply: Cleared PMP first try Feb.2-- 5 AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Cleared PMP first try Feb.2-- 5 AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16543

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Ya Chieh,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here with us!
5 years 1 month ago #16539

Ya Chieh Yang

While I was reading some of the lessons learned shared by others, I told myself not to overstretch myself with too many study materials. Focusing on just a few high quality materials will give myself a peace of mind, after all, everything on the exam will be based on PMPBOK, the rest are subsidiary material to help me get a better grasp .
To clear the exam in as little time as possible, I used Rita's book, Prepcast audio lectures (love that it's mobile friendly), PMPBOK guide of course, and exam simulator. I started with Rita's prep guide for my first read, did all the exercise and played the process puzzles several times. I also listened to Prep cast's audio lecture 2X speed for review to pick up any confusing concepts i didnt pay enough attention to. At last I started the notoriously dry must-read PMPBOK to solidify the knowledge. 3 weeks before my exam date, I started exam simulator, scoring 68~75% on average. I only have time to do half of the exams offered by prepcast. Though I didnt get to hit the target safe zone 80% mark before the schedule date, I wanted to give it a go and spent the last three days before the exam going through the PMPBOK process charts enhancing my understanding on how each process are linked to another and going through ITTOs. I would say this is the prep work that help me consolidate the knowledge to get that final boost i needed in the final stage.
With English not being my mother tongue, I struggled with finishing exams within time . But fortunately real questions on the exam are shorter than what I encountered in the simulations. So it turned out to be a good practice.
So for those who have the similar problem, dont lose faith!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login