fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Cleared PMP first try Feb.2-- 5 AT

Cleared PMP first try Feb.2-- 5 AT 5 years 2 months ago #16539

• Ya Chieh Yang
  • Ya Chieh Yang's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
While I was reading some of the lessons learned shared by others, I told myself not to overstretch myself with too many study materials. Focusing on just a few high quality materials will give myself a peace of mind, after all, everything on the exam will be based on PMPBOK, the rest are subsidiary material to help me get a better grasp .
To clear the exam in as little time as possible, I used Rita's book, Prepcast audio lectures (love that it's mobile friendly), PMPBOK guide of course, and exam simulator. I started with Rita's prep guide for my first read, did all the exercise and played the process puzzles several times. I also listened to Prep cast's audio lecture 2X speed for review to pick up any confusing concepts i didnt pay enough attention to. At last I started the notoriously dry must-read PMPBOK to solidify the knowledge. 3 weeks before my exam date, I started exam simulator, scoring 68~75% on average. I only have time to do half of the exams offered by prepcast. Though I didnt get to hit the target safe zone 80% mark before the schedule date, I wanted to give it a go and spent the last three days before the exam going through the PMPBOK process charts enhancing my understanding on how each process are linked to another and going through ITTOs. I would say this is the prep work that help me consolidate the knowledge to get that final boost i needed in the final stage.
With English not being my mother tongue, I struggled with finishing exams within time . But fortunately real questions on the exam are shorter than what I encountered in the simulations. So it turned out to be a good practice.
So for those who have the similar problem, dont lose faith!

Cleared PMP first try Feb.2-- 5 AT 5 years 2 months ago #16543

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Ya Chieh,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here with us!
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login