fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try - again!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try - again!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16557

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Kerstin,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam again! Thank you for sharing here with us your story and some tips about the exam :)
5 years 1 month ago #16468

Kerstin Eliasson

Hi,
I might not be the typical student but I will share anyway. And there is definitely a lesson to learn from this!
I passed the PMP exam in 2005, and was an active PMI member for some years. I even taught prep classes on and off. Then I had a tough period in my life and something had to go. Unfortunately that something ended up being my PMI engagement and I lost track completely of my PDUs. When checking my status in December of last year I realized that it was “expired”. After cursing myself for a while, I decided to pull myself together and go for the exam again. As of today I am back as a PMP and now I intend to stay one!

Do not repeat my mistake, but if you would, the PrepCast is an excellent way of brushing up your knowledge. I went through most of the lessons, even though I admit to fast winding a lot. I also went through around half of the questions in the simulator and that was quite helpful. I attended Dan Ryan ‘s free webinar which is probably good if you are a first time student, but did nothing for me.

I found the exam to be pretty much as it was in 2005. Lots of questions on integrated change control, lots of EVM and nothing on agile. And there are still some questions that I will never ever figure out even if I keep studying for the rest of my life :)

All the best!
Kerstin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login