fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Exam result: pass

Exam result: pass 5 years 2 months ago #16261

• Alison Hooks
  • Alison Hooks's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Exam result: pass
Above target - initiating
Above target - planning
Target- execution
Target - monitor controlling
Below target - closing

Most all questions are situational. Very few formula questions.
If you can do good at the Rita questions you are better prepared. Her questions are much more intense than than my exam questions I got. The most similar questions came from the practice quizzes and exams from PMPREPCAST. Those were very very similar to the real thing.

On the real exam, I Finished all questions in 3 hours, used the rest of time to review. Changed about 6 questions and then told myself to stop changing my answers.
I went in with a fun attitude and smiled a lot during the test. I used the highlighter computer function on most all questions, as well as the strike through function.
Lots of “what do you do first?”, “what is missing?” What is next? What is the right way to handle the situation?

My exam prep: I took an in-person 10-week class at Oklahoma City University, we met once a week. I also completed an online class after that PMPREPCAST (Cornelius) AFTER I completed the 10-week class. I received this scholarship, that’s how I was able to get the PMPREPCAST full online class and exams for free.
pmief.org/scholarships/professional-development-scholarships

I wrote out all tools and techs, all project plans and contents. Watch videos and read the PMBOK at the same time and highlighted the PMBOK w stuff in the PMPREPCAST videos.

I did four mock exams total, (full mock exams – 4 hours, 200 questions each)
1st one was the final of my in person class 75%
2nd was online PREPCAST 75%
3rd was online PREPCAST 77.5%
4th was all Rita practice exam questions in her book (about 378 questions) 72%

I listened to positive and upbeat music on the way to exam. I went into the exam place knowing I would pass and envisioned me celebrating. I also went to exam place the day before and checked it out and talked to the lady that worked there, that really helped calm my nerves!

I used a brain dump sheet with included all the processes, EVM formulas, some quality and stakeholder info.

Stakeholders and communications knowledge areas were very prominent on my exam questions. Those are super important.

Overall I felt like the mock exams helped me to know what to look for and what to really understand. It’s really important to know exactly what the questions are asking. None were super long, most are 2-3 sentences

Watch this before the test if you can. Lay in bed while watching and the Take short nap then take test .

Here are some tools
pmpexamforfree.com/

There are a TON of FREE apps on your phone! I had like over 10 apps!

Good luck to those who are studying and I know you will pass! Stay the course!

Exam result: pass 5 years 2 months ago #16262

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Dear Alison,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison Hooks

Passed On First Attempt 5 years 2 months ago #16266

• Marie Ange Carla Haas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,

I passed the exam on 12/31/2018. What a great way to start my new year!
Basically I created a 6 month study plan. I am a new mom, with 2 children, working full time, and trying to balance and juggle it all.
I used the below materials to get different perspectives:
- Rita Mulcahy pmp exam prep 9th edition (read once)
- Andy crowe pmp exam how to pass on your first try (read once)
- pmbok 6th edition (read once)
- Cornelius Fitcher 's PM Prepcast lessons. (listened to each lessons once)
And, finally I took 6 stimulus exams from the Prepcast.
I am glad to have taken the practice exams. I feel like it was just the added touch I needed to get me prepared for the real experience on how to think and logically apply all the materials covered.
It's one thing to study or try to memorize the materials, it's a whole other ball game to be put in a position where you have to think about all that materials logically and learning how to decide which answer is "Best".
Cornelius definitely put me in that mindset.

During the Exam, I decided not to do a brain dump initially.
Instead I went straight to answering questions because I did not want to waste time.
If I got stuck on a question that's when I would jot what process group and knowledge area I thought the question was concerned with, and would list all the processes in that area to determine the answer. For the most part I would just use my memory.
I marked the questions that I thought would require more thinking time and would move on to the next question
I answered the 1st 100 questions in about 1 hour and 40 minutes. Took a 15 minute break to drink water and re-charge.
Answered the 2nd set of 100 questions in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Took the rest of the time to go review the questions that I have marked.

I want to say for those who are candidates do not get discouraged. Make a study plan based on your personal pace and stick to it.
Anything is possible, and how long it takes to get you there is of no importance, as long as you put in the work.

Thank you,
Marie

Exam result: pass 5 years 2 months ago #16267

• Daniel Kokkos
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Congratulations. I am studying currently to take the exam. I like your zen approach. It may really help with my test anxiety. I am running through the simulator now trying to make emphasis on the questions I got wrong. I am taking notes and putting them into a Evernote document to try to fill those gaps. I also have some apps on my Iphone. What apps do you think helped the most? Smiling during the exam might have boosted you that much more.

I am going to start filling out my application and then schedule a date.

Thank you for the information.

Passed On First Attempt 5 years 2 months ago #16273

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Marie,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned with us :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login