fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP on the first attempt - 8-Jan-2019

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP on the first attempt - 8-Jan-2019

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #16250

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Pei Sing,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned with us. We also appreciate you sharing with us the preparations you took leading up to the examination.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors! :)
5 years 3 months ago #16225

Pei sen Wee

Hi everyone,
I sat for my PMP examination in Singapore and passed in my 1st attempt! :)
After trying out the 120 free questions, I signed up for the simulator.

This is what I did for my exam preparation...
  • Read through the entire PMBOK ONCE...(cover to cover)
  • Took 7 full mock exams in the simulator. 1 exam every weekend.
  • (There are 8+1 in total in the simulator) my result range from 66.7~77.5% .
    Not once i cross the 80% mark. So do not be affected by the score.
  • After every mock exam, review those questions that you have marked and those that answered incorrectly.
    Try to read the explanation for the each answer especially the wrong ones so that you understand "why" it is wrong.
  • 3 days before actual exam, I took the "Exam 8 (ITTO)" to identify my knowledge gaps specific to ITTO.
  • Lesson Learned: Should have done the ITTO earlier! (The ITTO mock exam is very important. Don't skip it. )
On the day of the examination ...
  • Arrived early at the prometric center. It helps me in calming down while hanging around the center.B)
  • After all the processing work and checks, a staff will take you to your designated cubicle.
  • There is a 10minutes system orientation that teaches you the features available in the system
    eg...strikeout, highlight, mark for review etc.. It is very similar to the Exam simulator.
    Lesson Learned: Do the orientation. Don't rush to end the orientation
    as ending it will start the actual PMP exam immediately. It is a warming for your eyes ...

Other Lesson learned:
    The prometric center that I went it allow candidates to place snack/water-bottle at a designated area outside the examination room...
    I placed a bar of chocolate and my water-bottle! (I got this idea from some website... :) )
    After completed about 100+ questions, I came out for quick toilet break & drank some water to moist my throat. It helps!..
    I skipped the chocolate as the exam clock was still ticking ...:P

Result:
    Initiation - AT
    Planning - AT
    Executing - AT
    Monitor & Controlling - Target
    Closing - AT
    :woohoo:

Verdict:
    Exam Simulator is a MUST HAVE. It is a worthwhile investment, no regrets!

A big "THANK YOU!" to the team that developed & prep/updates the questions in the simulator!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login