fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP and Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP and Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16210

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Lilli,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are so happy to hear such good news from you. Thank you, as well, for sharing your lessons learned here with everyone. Have a great day!
5 years 2 months ago #16195

Lilli Clay

I wrote the PMP exam today and passed - yay!!

A few things that helped me along the way:
-Reading lessons learned of other PrepCast students prompted me to start doing the simulator exams sooner than I had planned. This was critical in terms of preparing for the types of questions on the exam. Full disclosure, I had previously taken a project management intro course, which helped with some of the concepts (eg. critical path, EVA). However, prepping for this exam was much more involved than I thought
-I was having difficulty linking the ITTOs with one another (ie the big picture) and attended a 1 hour free Webinar with PMP coach Dan Ryan which helped put the ITTOs in context. So do take advantage of any other resources out there
-I also subscribed to the ITTO Explorer via brainbok.com. This was a great tool to easily navigate the ITTO via an app
(look up ITTOs at a glance on your phone/tablet instead of flipping through the PMBOK guide). You can customize your subscription length/cost (eg I signed up for 30 days $20 USD)

What I would have done differently:
-I would have left more time to study for this! I signed up for PrepCast, then booked my exam date without having realized
how much material there was to get through.
Basically had to cram for 2 full weeks over the holidays just to get through the content once.

PrepCast videos and simulators were excellent and offered me the right level of prep for the PMP-Thank you PrepCast!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login