fbpx

Reply: Passed on first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 2 months ago #16110

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Jianlong,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing the lessons you learned preparing for the exam. Good luck on your future endeavors!
5 years 3 months ago #16090

Jianlong Sun

Passed today, 4 AT, 1T. I performed better than I thought because I expected 1 BT, 2-3 T, 1-2 AT.
The exam:
1) No agile at all;
2) the questions are simpler or more straightforward than the simulator
(Please do be misled by my feeling or performance!!! Someone passed with a score of 48% for the simulator, but someone failed with a score of >80%).
3) No tricky OTTO questions, but there are more OTTO questions than I expected. I was lucky to focus on OTTO before the exam.
4) There are quite a few very tricky questions that I have not encountered at all.
5) Lots of key tool and technique were tested.
6) I did not take a break but felt ok. 20mins was left to review the marked questions.

Preparation:
1, Book:
I only read PMBOK, and I did not try to read other books. After the exam, I felt that this book is enough. The key points are all there, you just need to understand and remember them.
I read four times, the first reading is very rough, just to allow me to understand the fundamental concepts and structures. The second reading was thorough, with the help of the simulators and notes.
The third reading was to go through key information and analysis; the fourth reading focused on OTTO.

2, Video
I felt that the video was just not my style, I only watched a few videos. I am not saying that the videos are not good.
3, The SIMULATOR WAS SO IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The simulator helps you understand how to solve the problems and identify the knowledge you miss. I finished all the questions and reviews all my incorrect and marked ones.

Lessons:
1, Read the book at least twice, three times might be better.
2, Try the simulator early and do not wait until you feel you are ready. It's better to get used to the questions, style, and tricks.
3, Keep calm during the exam.

Good luck, everyone.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login