fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: PASSED MY EXAM 28-Dec-2018 (2ND ATTEMPT)

PASSED MY EXAM 28-Dec-2018 (2ND ATTEMPT) 5 years 3 months ago #16089

• Sumit Chopra
  • Sumit Chopra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
BIG thanks to Mr. Cornelius and Prep Cast Team, I am now PMP Certified because of their SIMULATOR. Originally I took this exam casually that it will be easy to clear but it is the TOUGHEST of all so far which I have done in my 18 years of Study career (I am Mechanical Engineer and Post Graduates in Computer Science). You need to pioneer every concept of PMBOK 6 to clear the exam. During 1st attempt I took it casually and just prepared under impression that what ever I am studying will be good enough to clear. Even though I would say after having 90% clear fundamentals on PMBOK 6 and clearing all SCORDO questions I "FAILED". You know why because the questions in real exams were no way similar to SCORDO or from PMBOK 6 (like a straight forward from Book) Majority of questions were situational and live scenarios and my situation was like I have studied for MATHS but giving exam on SCIENCE. so I FAILED, Lesson learnt out of failure to improve future performance was I need to find something really EXCEPTIONAL to pioneer this exam.
Did lot of research next time but caught up in "MORE STUDY MORE CONFUSION". Found so many options on internet but read Simulator Review and Just started following Prepcast on Facebook to see if it is any good. Found lot of good tips and exam questions shared by Cornelium to encourage PMP aspirants for 10% discount :). After looking at some questions shared on Facebook I realise this look like similar to the one which come in real exam and used my Expert Judgment to buy just a simulator. Following are short summary of both exams how I prepared and Passed, Regardless how hard you study and how much fundamentals are cleared still clearing exam is somewhat a BIG Challenge and Result Matters.

1ST EXAM
INITIATE:
- Initiated process of becoming PMP certified earlier this year (March-April) but it was extremely difficult due to job and family commitments. Followed below steps to passively starting the process
- Joined PMI membership April 2018- same time ordered PMBOK 6 from PMI
- Ordered Scordo test exam sample papers book (On Expert Opinion by one of my colleague who just cleared exam by reading it but on PMBOK 5 Exam)- Amazon
- Fixed my exam date for October so have some sort of deadline

PLAN
- Study PMBOK 6
- Prepare Scordo Exam papers
- Appear and clear the exam

EXECUTE
- Completed full PMBOK 6 with almost 70% clear fundamentals
- Completed full Scordo Exam Sample book
- Revised all exam papers from Scordo and PMBOK one week prior to exam in October 2018
- PM Study circle paid 400 questions cleared 60-65% in 1st Attempt and 75-80% during 2nd attempt

MONITOR AND CONTROL
- PMBOK 6 fundamentals were aprox 70% clear
- Scordo exam paper - 50-60% Average score during 1st attempt
- Scordo exam Papers - 70-80% score during 2nd Attempt
- One Change Requested Approved here for Buying 400 Questions from PM Study circle

CLOSE:
- FAILED EXAM
- Documented Lesson Learnt as mentioned above in my notes.

2ND EXAM:

INITIATE:
- Straight after failing exam - Fixed my exam date for 28-DEC-2018 so have some sort of deadline

PLAN
- Research more to find something which is similar to real exam scenario (as I had exam experience now)- chosen SIMULATOR from PM Prepcast
(Reasons above how I come to conclude this simulator)
- Tailor made study to suit real exam type scenarios
- Ordered SIMULATOR (with 10% discount got via answering right FB questions)
- Appear and clear the exam

EXECUTE
- Revise PMBOK 6 this time by studying every weekend 1-2 Hours
-Took leave from office from 23rd Dec till 28th-Dec for Exam and preparing SIMULATOR 1610 questions (2 Exams Per Day)
- 5 Days to Appear 8 FULL EXAMS for SIMULATORS and Revised the INCORRECT QUESTIONS
- PM Study circle paid 400 questions revised once more in 2 Hours for 400 Questions

MONITOR AND CONTROL
- PMBOK 6 fundamentals were aprox 85-90%
- SIMULATOR EXAM Results as followsin 1st ATTEMPT
1st Exam - 70% - Passed
2nd Exam - 66% - Passed
3rd Exam - 64% - FAILED
4th Exam - 58% - FAILED
5th Exam - 64% - FAILED
6th Exam - 62%- FAILED
7th Exam - 63% - FAILED
8th Exam (ITTO's) - 56%- FAILED

CLOSE:
- EXAM CLEARED WITH FLYING COLOURS Results as followed
- Initiate - Below Target
- Plan - Below Target
- Execute: Above Target
- M&C - Above Target
- Close- Target.

As a Closing Note Thanks heaps to Prep Cast team who has prepared this EXCELLENT tool for PMP Aspirants. Special Thanks to STAN for clarifying all my doubts on questions I had from SIMULATOR. My Effort Contributed to 3 Questions revised by STAN on SIMULATOR as those found to be INCORRECT. (Part of Continues improvement)

PASSED MY EXAM 28-Dec-2018 (2ND ATTEMPT) 5 years 3 months ago #16111

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Sumit,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are glad our materials helped you prepare for the exam. Also, thank you very much for posting your lessons learned here in our forum.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login