fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Just passed PMP first try

Just passed PMP first try 5 years 3 months ago #16013

• Dhea Maloney
  • Dhea  Maloney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All,

I just passed my PMP exam. Below is my study plan:

1. Watched all the PM Prepcast videos
2. Memorized the chart of knowledge areas and process groups
3. Memorized all the formulas
4. Used page 89 of the PMBOK and developed a guide to determine where all the project documents originate, what they contain, and where they are consumed.
5. Watched Joseph Phillips PMP Exam Cram Session on Udemy - this is a nice quick recap once you are familiar with the PMP material
6. Used the PM Prepcast test simulator - this is critical

It took me 5 weeks of preparation from start to passing the exam.

I did not read the PMBOX. I used it as a reference to fill in gaps. I also did not memorize every ITTO. You just need to get a general concept of the kinds of ITTOs and the document flows in the knowledge areas. Using an exam simulator is the most critical step. It is very important to practice utilizing the concepts and understand where your knowledge gaps are so you can resolve them.

In terms of time, I had plenty of time on the exam. I finished with 1.5 hours left to review the questions I had marked. If you are fluent in the information, you will not have any issues with the time limit.

Good luck to all of you.

Dhea

Just passed PMP first try 5 years 3 months ago #16018

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Dhea,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your study plan with us here in the forum! :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login