fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on first try

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on first try

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 4 months ago #15951

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Gwen,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned with us :)
5 years 4 months ago #15941

Gwen Corrie

I passed my PMP today on the first try. I read the PMPBOK once, viewed all of the videos relating to the PMBOK only, prepped my own study guide and took some quizzes. On my first prep exam, I got a 80.5%. Feeling confident, I registered for the exam. Within a week of registering, I took 4 more prep exams getting a 75%, 79.5%, 79% and a 72%. I still confident enough to take the exam today, on which I scored a "Above Target" on 4 of the Processes and a "Target" score on the 5th process, so I feel I must have received at least an 85% on the real exam - I never scored that high on the prep exams. I personally feel you don't have to wait to score 80% on all 8 exams. I only took 5. If you're getting anywhere between 75% - 80%, take the exam! Hope this helps.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login