fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on first try

Passed PMP on first try 5 years 4 months ago #15941

• Gwen Corrie
  • Gwen Corrie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I passed my PMP today on the first try. I read the PMPBOK once, viewed all of the videos relating to the PMBOK only, prepped my own study guide and took some quizzes. On my first prep exam, I got a 80.5%. Feeling confident, I registered for the exam. Within a week of registering, I took 4 more prep exams getting a 75%, 79.5%, 79% and a 72%. I still confident enough to take the exam today, on which I scored a "Above Target" on 4 of the Processes and a "Target" score on the 5th process, so I feel I must have received at least an 85% on the real exam - I never scored that high on the prep exams. I personally feel you don't have to wait to score 80% on all 8 exams. I only took 5. If you're getting anywhere between 75% - 80%, take the exam! Hope this helps.

Passed PMP on first try 5 years 4 months ago #15951

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Gwen,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned with us :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login