fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP in Second try

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 4 months ago #15899

• Randeep Sandhu
  • Randeep  Sandhu's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi Everyone,

I passed my PMP yesterday first of all thanks for all your support and advices all your notes and all other information is very helpful for PMP students.Since it was my second try and I stoped all study after failing first one i have to start all over again and it even felt harder because am full time working mom with 6 year old and Am 9 month pregnant Due in 2 weeks :) so many times I thought am taking stress but now it feels like it was worth it now I can rest.

Here are some tips and lesson learned after failing first time:

1.Read Rita book twice and solved all exercise question after that.:)
2.PMBOK cross refrenced with Rita book.
3.Read all notes on edward chung site.
4.Start Ritas simulation and in starting I got 60-65 % in all tests but after practice it came to 80 (I think I over did it with repeating all question).
5.Solved almost all of free exam listed on edward site between 60-75 % in first try.
6. PM prepcast exam simulator 8 exams between 62-74% in first time I did all of those second time with 80 -82%.(That was a big help for exam prep).First I thought it will be extra money if i feel I am ready I should just get the exam done but It was worth it because they had lot off question with same strategy not same questions but like question on change management and issue log were detailed and that helped to understand concept behind that and since exam had lot of those question I will thanks to Prep cast also it explained all 4 option like why the other 3 are not right thats the best part which helped me understand.
7.After doing all that I worked on my knowledge gaps.Did not studied on exam day even day before exam only studied my notes and took 2 test with 50 question on my week knowledge.

Question on exam are easier to understand than simulation but some of the answers are really close to each other lot of question on change management,issue log,Contract and resouce management only 4-5 question that i have to use formulas each critical path float ,for CPI , for EAC and 1 to determine EV.
I spent 7 minutes for brain dump formulas were useful but process map i didn't used so wasted 5 minutes there after 2 hours i took one break for restroom and also i needed water and food so hard to sit without food or water for four hours when you are 9 month pregnant but that break was less than 10 minutes and helped me to calm down.
I marked 30-40 question but never got back to those i had 30 minutes left at the end for my unanswered question 5 on formula and 5 that i couldn't understand so those took long time finished last question in last minute so there was no time left for marked questions.
Only thing i can suggest is if we want to pass the exam need good guidance which include good material specially choose simulation very carefully I tried Gray campus but honestly that was confusing me more so I never got back to that.Prepcast and Rita was the best choice I made.Also remember this exam need lot of knowledge and practice so make sure you commit lot of time if you want to pass for 3 weeks I studied from 6am to 3pm even it was saturday or sunday I knew I have to get up at 4am if I want to get this done.

Wish you guys all the best and Big Thanks to prepcast for help!

Thanks
Randeep Sandhu

Last thing just feedback for prepcast simulation.
I think it will be nice if we can compare result for mock test like 1st try vs 2nd try which question we got wrong if we can see on same page it will help to find out which areas are we improving or gap and which one not.
May be possible or not but just a suggestion I think it will help.Once again thanks a lot to Prepcast.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erowo Oshobe

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 4 months ago #15903

• Scott Gillard
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 29
Congrats!
Community Moderator

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 4 months ago #15909

• Emily Rivera, PMP
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 32
Congrats Randeep! And thanks for sharing your tips!

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 4 months ago #15922

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Randeep,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam!

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 4 months ago #16046

• Wesley Gilmer, PE, PMP
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Glad you persisted and punched your ticket, Randeep. I'm getting ready to begin my second attempt. First try unsuccessful on 12/21.

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 3 months ago #16120

• Randeep Sandhu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Wesley I know its really hard to focus after not getting it first time but if you have good sources like Prep cast and have enough practice am sure you will pass this time.I wish you all the best .........
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wesley Gilmer, PE, PMP

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 3 months ago #16308

• Balaji Natarajan Chidambaram
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Congrats. Your post worth a lot. Could you please tell us what went wrong in your first attempt?

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 3 months ago #16370

• Shri Malisetty
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Congrats Randeep! How long did you prepare for the exam? Can you please share your study schedule plan?

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 3 months ago #16390

• Randeep Sandhu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Balaji ,
I didnt had enough time at that time I took 2 days off from work but only studied few hours also I dont think material I was using at that time was close to Prep cast or RMC.Do not rush for the exam if you think you are not ready take your time and try to pass practice exams as many you can those wrong question really make difference.

Good luck to you :)

Passed PMP in Second try 5 years 2 months ago #16416

• Randeep Sandhu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Shri Malisetty,
I read PMBOK 5 during my first attempt but since exam changed I had to start all over again.I start studying at my work 2 hours everyday in weekdays and 5-6 hours Sturday and Sunday for almost two months.I read PMBOK and Ritas book in that time and spend lot of time on RMC fast track cloud for over thousand questions.
Then I used my three week maternity leave for studying at the end and all that time I spend on PMP Exam Simulator. Every exam I took for 4 hours I spend 6-8 hours reviewing all the question right and wrong to understand .After few days if I took same exam that I got 60% before it will be around 80-85 in second time.

I hope it helps make Sure you spend enogh time PMPrep cast is really great product.
Good luck to you..
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login