fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on the 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on the 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 1 month ago #16498

Hi Oladunni,

it's great that you are a PMP now! Congratulations!

Can you share some more thoughts about your brain dump about the processes and how you made a break during the exam?

Thanks and regards,
Balázs
5 years 3 months ago #15848

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Oladunni,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your tips here.
5 years 4 months ago #15772

Oladunni Lawal

Hello everyone,

Passed the PMP exam last week after 2+ months of preparation. Here are some tips that may help....

- Have a reading/ preparation plan: I work in full time management consulting where the hours are already crazy so I had to have a plan. My plan was detailed to the exact number of prepcast videos I had to complete each week over the 10 weeks period I had. Also, I read through the PMBOK as I was watching the lessons and made my detailed notes. I used the notes for revision and dint have to refer back to the PMBOK or Videos once I was done.
- Practice a whole lot of questions and review the incorrectly answered ones. I did only 3 full tests on the prepcast and scored between 70 - 74. For some reason, never scored in the 80s range. I did the Oliver Lehman tests and got 75 on both the 100 and 200 question exam so this did help with my confidence level. I also did a lot of 10 - 20 question quizzes on the prepcast simulator as I didn't always have 4 hours to dedicate to the full test.
- Have game plan for answering the questions. Mine was 100 questions + break + 80 questions + break + 20 questions and marked questions
- Use the highlighter tool...especially for the marked questions. This way you know what you are looking for when you go back to answer the question
- The 15 minutes practice helped with calming my nerves and I recommend it
- I did a brain dump which was useful as I got a lot of questions regarding the differences between the validate scope, manage quality and control quality processes. It was easy to trace the next steps in each scenario on paper
- I got about EVA 10 questions .....only 4 required the calculator
- Rest well the day before the exam and do have a good meal before the exam as it is easy to underestimate the impact of sitting/ concentrating hard for 4 hours

Good luck to everyone writing their exams.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login