fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP on the 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T

Passed PMP on the 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T 5 years 4 months ago #15772

• Oladunni Lawal
  • Oladunni Lawal's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Hello everyone,

Passed the PMP exam last week after 2+ months of preparation. Here are some tips that may help....

- Have a reading/ preparation plan: I work in full time management consulting where the hours are already crazy so I had to have a plan. My plan was detailed to the exact number of prepcast videos I had to complete each week over the 10 weeks period I had. Also, I read through the PMBOK as I was watching the lessons and made my detailed notes. I used the notes for revision and dint have to refer back to the PMBOK or Videos once I was done.
- Practice a whole lot of questions and review the incorrectly answered ones. I did only 3 full tests on the prepcast and scored between 70 - 74. For some reason, never scored in the 80s range. I did the Oliver Lehman tests and got 75 on both the 100 and 200 question exam so this did help with my confidence level. I also did a lot of 10 - 20 question quizzes on the prepcast simulator as I didn't always have 4 hours to dedicate to the full test.
- Have game plan for answering the questions. Mine was 100 questions + break + 80 questions + break + 20 questions and marked questions
- Use the highlighter tool...especially for the marked questions. This way you know what you are looking for when you go back to answer the question
- The 15 minutes practice helped with calming my nerves and I recommend it
- I did a brain dump which was useful as I got a lot of questions regarding the differences between the validate scope, manage quality and control quality processes. It was easy to trace the next steps in each scenario on paper
- I got about EVA 10 questions .....only 4 required the calculator
- Rest well the day before the exam and do have a good meal before the exam as it is easy to underestimate the impact of sitting/ concentrating hard for 4 hours

Good luck to everyone writing their exams.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Erowo Oshobe , Jerry L. Carnley, Mouheeb Saadallah

Passed PMP on the 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T 5 years 3 months ago #15848

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Oladunni,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your tips here.

Passed PMP on the 1st attempt - 4AT and 1T 5 years 1 month ago #16498

• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Oladunni,

it's great that you are a PMP now! Congratulations!

Can you share some more thoughts about your brain dump about the processes and how you made a break during the exam?

Thanks and regards,
Balázs
Imaginative Program Manager with inexhaustible tools and techniques. :)
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login