fbpx

Reply: Help, not passing my full practice exams

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Help, not passing my full practice exams

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 3 months ago #15866

ROBERTO MARLEY

's Avatar

Hello Tanika,
Hope all is well with you. I was in the same shoes like you when I was preparing for my PMP Exam, and I think based on your unique situation I can help you master the PMP Exam in short time. If so, please don't hesitate to take a look at my recent Lessons Learned that I have share on this forum. That was about almost 6 months ago, perhaps. In order for me to be able to pass this tough exam, and I was exhausted when it comes taking the simulators, but I would suggest you to focus on the explanation for each question you got WRONG....(That was the tools for me I have used throughout my PMP journey). Again, I Believe you are in the right hands if you take all the lessons learned as a tool to succeed in the real exam, though. When I look at your inquiry today and I was worst in terms of understanding all the Inputs, Tools and Techniques and including the Outputs too. You can look me up on LinkedIn and connect with me there so that I can help you master the PMP exam. I have successfully passed the PMP with almost Above Target on June 8, 2018. Please use your time wisely because this exam is the most challenge you will face in your life, too.

I have been there before and I know how stressful it is for you, Tanika --- So, that's the reason why I want to be a mentor for you during your last minute. I would not want you to fail after all your precious time and resources that you have invested so far, and I would not want to SEE you fail ! Remember in order for you to fully succeed in the PMP Exam, and you must always keep your confidence. And, I have prayed a lot when I was doing my preparation too. Please keep your faith and continue on studying the PMBOK tirelessly. The only thing that mattes now is for you to master the PMBOK . You must understand the tools and techniques in the following Knowledge areas:
* INTEGRATION
* QUALITY MANAGEMENT
* HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
* SCOPE MANAGEMENT
* PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT
* COMMUNICATION MANAGEMENT
* STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT

If you are able to master the KA concepts that I have mentioned above, and I guarantee you will become victorious on your PMP Exam - which you will walk away with your certification in your hands!

Again, I would suggest for you to take all the lessons learned on this forum very serious and always reach out to us for help whenever you have any questions. If I can PASS the PMP Exam it's because of the amount of help I received from this forum, and I would definitely give that back as others have done for me, too.

Last but not the least, in order for you to PASS the PMP it takes the whole village meaning you cannot do this alone... I hope you find confidence in your journey and the goal is to keep persevere no matter how bad you feel...

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions!

All the best,

Roberto Marley, PMP
5 years 3 months ago #15851

Tanika

's Avatar

Thank you Jessica, your tips are right on. I think I’m reading the questions to quickly. I find myself re-reading the questions 1 or 2 times just trying to figure out what is being asked. I finish my exam in four hours, but, I have no time to spare. Thanks again!
5 years 3 months ago #15808

Tanika Lee

Thank you so much. I think I am reading the questions to fast. Because I’m trying to finish before the timer.
5 years 3 months ago #15795

Jessica

Hi Tanika:

When you're taking the quizzes, are they timed? And when you take the full length exams, are you finishing with extra time or are you using up the full 4 hours?

Why I'm asking is because when I first started taking the practice exams, I think I knew the material well but I struggled with the formatting of the questions. They are intentionally a little vague and sometimes very tricky. Just like on the real exam. If you're getting to the point where you've read the material multiple times, is it possible you're struggling with the wording of the questions?

If you think you know the material, here's a few tips that other posters gave me:
- The questions are often set up with an introductory statement (you are a project manager for a large construction company), a situation, and a question. Pay careful attention to the question. I found that many of my mistakes were from reading through this too quickly. The question might say "What tool or technique..." and I would select a process. Ugh. Those key words are important.
- For long or confusing questions, read the actual question first. Then, when reading through the situation, highlight key words that will help you answer that question. (You can do this with the real exam. Not sure about the exam simulator.) That way, you can focus on the key words instead of repeatedly reading large paragraphs.

I think Deepak provided good advice regarding understanding the processes. After someone told me to always identify which process group I was in, I started to feel much more confident. I would read the entire question, think to myself "I'm in the Control Quality process" and have a much more complete picture of what I may do from there. Obviously, you don't need to do this for every question, but it really helps for the confusing ones.

Good luck!
5 years 4 months ago #15735

Tanika Lee

Thank you so much, I'm working on trying to understand the processes better as well as pmp terms. Thanks and good luck to you!
5 years 4 months ago #15733

Anonymous

's Avatar

Maybe this will help - I had a lot of trouble getting used to the multiple choice format. Slow down a little when doing the 200 - read the question and each of the answers very carefully. Sometimes the wording can be quite tricky (intentionally), and if you don't focus, you'll miss the nuances. Practice all formulas, solving for any part of them. This was in immense help to me, because any variable could be missing in the data you're given. Also, before you take the test, write down all the formulas you've practiced, and the full set of processes in their groups. When you do this before taking the real exam, you'll have a handy 'mind dump' that is worth the effort when you start to get bogged down.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login