fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam, first try!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam, first try!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15290

's Avatar

Hi Christopher,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you for sharing your lessons learned here! :)
5 years 6 months ago #15274

Christopher Dalansky

My prep:

1. Read about 80% of PMBOK
2. Listened to all prepcast video lessons
3. Took about 900 questions from the PM prepcast practice quizzes / exams.
a. This broke down into 2 full length exams, 1 - 100 question learning quiz, and a bunch of 10-20 question timed or learning quizzes.
b. After seeing my results breakdown I would then focus some of the time on specific process groups or knowledge areas. I seemed to feel / be weakest in Initiating and Quality.
4. This prep work was done over the course of 4 months. Scored an 80% on first full length practice quiz and 75% on the second. Recent weeks had my quizzes scoring between 70-100%. Overall I got 74% of the questions right the first time according to the simulator.

I felt the PMP test was very similar to the simulator and the only way the PMP might have been slightly harder was that several questions seemed very vague. You had to really read to figure out the process group or knowledge area that they were suggesting that you were in.

Passed with AT overall. Initiating - Target; Planning, Executing, Monitoring/Controlling, and Closing were all AT.

I have recommended this program to other PMs in my company.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login