fbpx

Reply: Successful on the second attempt - A few lines on the lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Successful on the second attempt - A few lines on the lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 6 months ago #15161

Shehzad Anwar Khan

Hello Shema,

This is what exactly happened to me after my first attempt. Do not give up. You can do it.

The mistake I made that I had decided to quit after my first attempt and did not study for two months. But then I decided to take up the exam again once. Do not
make this mistake. Lift yourself.

Let me give you following tips which helped in my case:
. Practice on simulation exams as much as you can (in my case Pre-cast saved the day for me)
. Time your exam in four chunks. One hour - 50 questions
. Refer to notes by Edward Chung (freely available on the internet). These cover all PMBok, but make your own notes
. I emphasize, make your own plan

I repeat, do as many questions as you can. Then read the explanations.

Best of luck.

Shehzad.
5 years 6 months ago #15146

Shema Khan

Hi,
I just failed my exam and I'm in heartbroken. Looking at your post I feel there is hope. With no confidence left in me......how should I even strategize ...what I need to do.
I did use mock test and RITA. What would you suggest me.
Thanks,
Sk
5 years 6 months ago #15134

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Shehzad,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! Thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned with us. I'm sure aspiring project management professionals will find it useful just as you did with other contents on this forum. Have a nice day!
5 years 6 months ago #15130

Shehzad Anwar Khan

Yesterday I passed. Undoubtedly one of the biggest achievements of my life.

My reflections:

Be clear on whatever you have grasped e.g. if you read about the Maslow`s Theory, you should know in and out about it. It will save you time on the real exam,
you will be sure about your answer choice which will give you confidence and help you attempt other questions better
The PMBOK table on process groups, processes and knowledge areas - in the first read go from left to right. Then study it top down. Also add ITTOs for each process
by yourself. It helped me a lot to establish sequences
Make your own notes. In my case, flow charts and diagrams helped
Do as many simulation exams as you can and then review the answers and explanations
One last thing - every individual is unique. Follow your instinct when preparing

In the end, I would like to thank this forum. It is not only a resourceful site, but also an honest one. I say honest because it is worth the investment (at least in my case)

I am available for further discussions and for any help that I can provide.

Thanks and best of luck to all aspirants

Dr Shehzad Anwar Khan
MBBS, MPH, PMP
Islamabad
Pakistan

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login