fbpx

Reply: I passed my on my 1st PMP Attempt - Above Target

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I passed my on my 1st PMP Attempt - Above Target

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #15058

Khulisani Sibindi

Thank you, and keep the good work going.
5 years 7 months ago #15047

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Khulisani,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam on your first attempt! I'm sure you're feeling good right now knowing that your hard work paid off. I'm also glad you find our materials helpful in the course of your study. Moreover, thank you very much for sharing your lessons learned here. Have a nice day! :)
5 years 7 months ago #15042

Khulisani Sibindi

Hooray - What a feeling it is to Pass the PMP Exam and to top it up on the first Attempt. The journey wasn't an easy one but dedication and commitment made it all happen.
My gratitude to Cornelius and the Prepcast team for continuously sending me materials on my emails and on their Facebook page. The most important was the video podcasts,
My journey started with the PMBOK Guide v5 as I hoped to write in March before moving to the 6th edition, unfortunately the time didn't allow as I got my 35 hours towards the date
and the exam centres were fully booked, I had to then get the 6th edition and notes on the main differences between the two editions.

As any project it is important to have the target date i set the date for the exams and developed a study program for my preparations. I will quickly summarise my strategy below.
1. I got an over view of the total scope of the 6th edition
2. I watched ALL the Prepcast Podcast videos and took notes
3. I did all the questions from the Prepcast package, I was getting an average of 80%
4. I also did Questions from all platforms I came across, I made it a point that everyday i worked on questions timing myself.
5. I came across a video on Youtube on how to Memorize the 49 Processes from the PMBOKGuide 6th Edition Process Chart and it helped me a lot
6. I I wrote about 8 mock Exams of 200 Questions within the 4 hours and got myself ready for the real exams conditions.
7. I joined many platforms like this one to hear other people's experiences.
8. 3 days before exams i reduced my studying and slept longer, and on the night before exam i revised for 1 hour and made sure i had enough sleep, and prayed for the best results.
9. Writing in the morning was the best time for me as I was fresh and alert.
10. On the exam room I started by having a brain dump of all the formulas and key concepts i didnt want to forget, it proved to be very handy.
11. I made sure I broke the exam into 3 segments of 70, 70, 60 and marked all questions which I wasnt sure of for later, fortunately i finished the exam
with 30 minutes to spare which allowed me time to go back to the marked questions and refine the answers.

I hope this will come handy to some or most of those getting ready to write their PMP Exams, I wish you all the best.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login