fbpx

Reply: Passed on First Attempt - my observations

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on First Attempt - my observations

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
5 years 7 months ago #14973

Jenikka Ebias

Hi Tiya,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are so happy to know you've achieved such a great milestone in your career. Also, thank you for sharing your lessons learned here.
5 years 7 months ago #14972

Tiya Williams Mitchell

I took and passed the PMP exam on Saturday. I had 3 "Above Targets" and 2 "At Targets". It helped me to do a dump sheet - especially the formulas or any other thing I found tricky so that I could clear that space out of my head. It also calmed to write out the process/knowledge sheet. There were a few questions that seemed pretty straight forward, but quite a few that that were vague or had 2 answers that seemed liked they could have been correct. I marked those and came back to them later. It was also helpful to use the cross out feature to visually narrow everything down.

The testing center that I went to had multiple people taking multiple other tests, so there were people coming in an out. There was also a lot of typing, that was somewhat distracting. My center provided headphones, but I wasn't used to wearing them and they became an annoyance. You may want to practice with some just in case. I took a break after about 2 hours and I knew I still had plenty of time. It helped to go to the restroom and stretch a little.

I found that taking the practice tests helped - both the shorter ones and the long ones. There's so much information in the PMBOK that you can miss, so if you don't have time for the full 4 hour ones often, do some of the shorter ones. I would make sure to do several of the full tests, especially to get used to sitting and concentrating for that long. That also helps you know where your strengths/weaknesses are (for me that was Manage vs. Control Quality and Closing), so really use the results to understand where to focus.

Lastly, I slowed down my studying the few days before. I was getting fatigued and it didn't have me in the correct frame of mind. Get a good night sleep the night before and definitely eat something before the exam.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login