fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on First Attempt - my observations

Passed on First Attempt - my observations 5 years 7 months ago #14972

• Tiya Williams Mitchell
  • Tiya Williams Mitchell's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I took and passed the PMP exam on Saturday. I had 3 "Above Targets" and 2 "At Targets". It helped me to do a dump sheet - especially the formulas or any other thing I found tricky so that I could clear that space out of my head. It also calmed to write out the process/knowledge sheet. There were a few questions that seemed pretty straight forward, but quite a few that that were vague or had 2 answers that seemed liked they could have been correct. I marked those and came back to them later. It was also helpful to use the cross out feature to visually narrow everything down.

The testing center that I went to had multiple people taking multiple other tests, so there were people coming in an out. There was also a lot of typing, that was somewhat distracting. My center provided headphones, but I wasn't used to wearing them and they became an annoyance. You may want to practice with some just in case. I took a break after about 2 hours and I knew I still had plenty of time. It helped to go to the restroom and stretch a little.

I found that taking the practice tests helped - both the shorter ones and the long ones. There's so much information in the PMBOK that you can miss, so if you don't have time for the full 4 hour ones often, do some of the shorter ones. I would make sure to do several of the full tests, especially to get used to sitting and concentrating for that long. That also helps you know where your strengths/weaknesses are (for me that was Manage vs. Control Quality and Closing), so really use the results to understand where to focus.

Lastly, I slowed down my studying the few days before. I was getting fatigued and it didn't have me in the correct frame of mind. Get a good night sleep the night before and definitely eat something before the exam.
Last edit: by Jenikka Ebias.

Passed on First Attempt - my observations 5 years 7 months ago #14973

• Jenikka Ebias
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Tiya,

Congratulations on passing the PMP Exam! We are so happy to know you've achieved such a great milestone in your career. Also, thank you for sharing your lessons learned here.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login